5/3/07 Car That Changes Color

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a car that changes colors

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

I've got a problem with the car changing colour. What if I parked my car at a shopping centre, and it changed colour while I was inside shopping. Would I recognize my car when I came back out?

-Susanne

I have seen them before, but the one I saw was black and changed to blue and green. It all depends on the angle you look at the car as to what color it is. So it would not just randomly change colors while you are in the store.

I think it would be cool, if it was affordable.

My brother's car does that... his is a heat sensitive paint. At the time he bought it, it was $300 for a PINT! But it's an incredible effect... in cold his entire car is black - when the engine heats up or the sun beats down on it, bright red flames show up on the hood. It's a cool effect, but I personally wouldn't pay the extra money. But my brother works on cars and paints detailing on them as a side business.

The flames on my daughter's truck change color as you walk past them. In the right light, you can't even see the flames. I have seen cars with paint that changes colors and my DH had a racing motorcycle with flipflop paint (went from pink pearl to white pearl)

I am like you Susanne! I think I'll be afraid to park it somewhere in a huge parking lot :whistle: I'll never find it. :)

I would suffer a similar fate, twice I've already tried to get in someone else's car that was painted like mine. Lord knows what I would do if it changed colors on me.

color-changing paint? i'll pass. even if the car didn't develop spots when i walked away, i just want a vehicle that runs.

ps:

hey, tracy and susanne, i'll meet you near the shopping carts rack in the parking lot, OK?you'll know who i am, can't miss me. i'll be that person who can't find her car. again.

Cool idea!!! and yes...I'd want one...but I think it could cause some problems....imagine a hit and run accident and police are questioning witnesses....the car was black...no the car was green...no way...the car was yellow....nope the car was red.....????

Better yet... My mother goes inside a Circle K mart and comes out and gets in the car and looks up and starts to driveaway and she notices that she is in someone elses car and they had left it running LOLOL

I laughed until I cried when she told me this...

She is funny and bless her heart she can't see well..

Lucky she got out of it and got in hers and left before they came outside and caught her...

Well, we do not have pricey special effects paint, but we did choose a conventional car color that looks dramatically different depending on the light -- is it green? is it gray? is it blue? So I guess I'm not against cars that change color.

I have a "hunter green" PT Cruiser (5-speed stickshift with plenty of get&go, Andrew's poopooing my Baby notwithstanding) that I can find in a parking lot because while I was a school nurse the feral cats shredded my alien-head antenna-topper so I replaced it with a skull and NOBODY messes with my car, AND I can find it in a big parking lot. DH's truck is also dark green, but it usually has either one of our tandem bicycles in the bed (with the fork attached to a bar on the roof, so it sticks up like a giant praying mantis) or our tandem kayak (which is 14' long and RED!)on the roof, so it's also easy to find in a large parking lot (the day we visited Tracy we left the boat & bike at the camper).

There is a truck painted like that here in town and it sure is beautiful to look at. The cost is quite expensive, but if I were to win the lottery or something and had nothing better to spend the money, I would love to have a car with that type of paint!

My son once left a basketball game he was working at, got in a car and was quite puzzled when he couldn't get the key to turn. His car was parked next to it's identical twin! He jumped out of the twin and into his own without anyone seeing his blunder, then came home laughing his rear end off! I would have been so embarrassed, but it didn't phase him. Course, if somebody would have seen the whole thing, that may have been a different story!! ROFL! I always park in handicap, making it a bit easier to find my vehicle when I come out of a store/doctor/wherever. Hubby just got me a car, so it's taking some getting used to - looking for it rather than my minivan! At least it's the same color as the van!