New Dollhouse Member

debbie4159

Hello my name is Debbie and I haven't been into actually building dollhouses long, about 2 years now. I have always wanted to build a dollhouse and finally, at the age of 46 am able to indulge my passion. So far I have built the DuraCraft Ashley for my granddaughted. It has taken me forever, but only because every time I think it is finished, I see something else I would like to do. Am now working on the DuraCraft Alpine and it will be a Victorian Dress Shop/Boutique. I also have collected quite a few of the Greenleaf Kits. I am very interested in the vintage kits. Well, enough for now. As soon as I figure out how to post pics, will do so.

Welcome Debbie!

My very first was also the Ashley for my mother, wow have i learned lots since then. Mostly here on this forum. What other kits do you have? Can't wait to see your pix. We really do love our 'eye candy' here!

WElcome to the forum, Debbie. I have built two Dura-Craft kits, the San Franciscan and the Cambridge. I have a Newberg still in the box. I also enjoy building Greeleaf kits. One day I hope to try a "scratch" build.

!!WELCOME!!

I also am a relative newcommer to building Dollhouses myself

I have been building for about a little over 3 yrs.

my first house was The Victoriana, my 2nd was the Willowcrest.

I always wanted a dollhouse when growing up. and now I have one....rofl...ok more than one but whos counting.

my hubby is so supportive of my "little" hobby. I think secretly he wishes he could play also.

glad you found us.

as for posting photos....while there is a gallery to use...webshots provides free photo storage for up to 240 photos...it is a simple dl and easy step by step instruction for use.

we do so love the Eyecandy and Im looking forward to seeing your photos.

nutti :D

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. Currently I am stuffing a closet full of kits -- in the hopes my granddaughter will love them as much as I do! Also, my father has alzheimer's/dementia and am trying to get him to do something with them to keep his mind active. I currently have the Glencroft, Arthur, Magnolia, McKinley, Beacon Hill, Shenandoah Log Cabin, the Worthington, DuraCraft Colonial, Cambridge, Duracraft Farmhouse, Buttercup, DuraCraft Newport Cape, the Laurel and Primrose, a Victorian Cape, and an Arrow Imperial Dream Dollhouse. As you can tell, I shop Ebay a lot and for birthdays, Christmas, I tell everyone I want kits. Quite a few of them are for my granddaughter but the rest I hope to put together. Of course, space is a problem. But, this love of dollhouses became a passion late in life! Thanks again for the warm welcome. I am going to try and post a picture of the Ashley -- here's hoping I get it right. Debbie

Hi Debbie!! Wow, I'm so jealous- you've compiled an assortment of completely amazing homes! I'm a big Greenleaf fan, too, and have built the Diana and Annabelle, and I also have a DuraCraft Cambridge stashed underneath my bed. That's so wonderful you're building for your granddaughter- my grandmother gave me a miniature house when I was 9 (she was bit by the miniature bug as well) and little did she know then that she had created a little miniature monster!!

-Lauren

Teresa, well, not quite all for just one granddaughter. I'm hoping for quite a few more!!! LOL Plus, I have to admit I have a weakness for dollhouses. I have plans/dreams for each and every one of them. Right now I have started the Alpine and can't seem to find any pictures of any that have been done.

Debbie (debbie4159)

Debbie, I am jealous of your wealth in dollhouse kits. I have only come to the dollhouse hobby just about a year ago, and can't get enough of it. I completed two kits, have a third in progress and two in the queue. I have learned so much in this forum and everyday there's something the experts can share with us.

Josi: Now, I'm jealous!!! I just checked out your pics -- and goodness, you just started a year ago???!!! I think your houses are just awesome. I especially love the colors you chose for the interior of your Victorian Cottage, they were just lovely and so complementary. I hope, one day to have just a little of the talent you and the rest of the people here display! Debbie (debbie4159)

Debbie, I have built the Cambridge, it was my second kit, and it is a very nice house. My only real complaint was with the mansard roof. Some of the pieces were so deeply scored that they broke along the score lines :( , should it happen to you I'll be glad to share my solution :rolleyes:

Hi Debbie :rolleyes:

What a wonderful collection of houses! = some many wonderful hours of enjoyment.

I built the Ashley a couple of years ago, but I bashed it with the Buttercup to make Badger's Hollow, the March-Alleyn cottage.

Glad you found us and enjoy!

:(

Hi Debbie. from another deb, I too am 46 and have just started building doll houses, must be something about the age and the name lol... :lol:

I am in the process off builing a willow, they were sposed to send me a magnolia, but the willow looked easy, so I decided to start with it first, before I attempt my beacon hill :) , and arthur on order from the states, I am in Australia. It sure does take over, I have no room anywhere in my house now, it is all covered in mini items, glue, wood, paint, and lots of greenery I am making to sell on ebay........ ;) I am not sure how to do a hyper link, so I hope this is ok.......... :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DOLL-HOUSE-GARDEN-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

And this is the start of my willow....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/deb...ghts/window.jpg

Hi Debbie, yeah, think it must be something about the age and name too!!! I too, have the Beacon Hill and started on these other projects to get practice and perfect some techniques before I start on it! And, yes, I too have mini stuff, dh parts, tools, glue, etc., etc., all over the house. I am in the process (in between) everything else, trying to figure out how I could convert a room into a workshop or even build one. I saw a wonderful little hot tub building at Garden Ridge that was built just like a small house with tile floors, vinyl siding and regular house windows and, best of all, french doors -- to get the dollhouses out the door!!! I have just too much stuff I want to do and not enough time to do it!!!

Debbie

Debbie just saw your ferns -- do you make them in real-life size???? I seem to kill all my plants! Your willow room is just lovely. I believe I could move in that room. How did you get the mirror for over your fireplace????? I have yet to do moulding/baseboards but they are on board for my current project. So far, I'm still practicing angles, how they fit together on space wood pieces. Thanks for sending the links.

Debbie