4/19/07 What's Your Favorite Flower?

I love tulips, daffodils, roses, peony, astillbe, dianthus, fuschia, lilacs, gardinia (?) Christmas and Thanksgiving cacti,

azelea or most any flower that blooms in my yard.

BTW, Venus Flytrap is native to SC.

Lilacs and yellow roses. Unfortunately, I can't grow either, so in my flower garden I have coleus and impatiens. They grow well in the shade. Darn if all my pics from last year are on locked on the other computer that is not functioning at the moment. For my center yard garden, I have pansises. I love their little faces. They make me smile.

My all time favorite is roses

I grow yellow , deep red, purple , and blue and just recently gotten a new one that start off as a white rose and then changes color to a light green. Then next would be my shell plant it has pink and white and yellow flowers that curl up and look like little shells

:lol:

Now don't think me strange, but I love dandelions.....I know they are technically considered a "weed" but they were my grandpas favorite and they are always popping up when spring is here...they always make me think of him :)

But, if weeds don't count as flowers, then Lilacs are the top of my list!! :)

:lol:

Now don't think me strange, but I love dandelions.....I know they are technically considered a "weed" but they were my grandpas favorite and they are always popping up when spring is here...they always make me think of him :)

I don't mind dandelions, unless they are in my yard. But I know what you mean. The sunny yellow color is so pretty! And when the flower is in the seed stage, it is fun to blow on it., which takes me back to childhood.

BTW, did you know that a dandelion is a composite flower? This means that each petal is botanically speaking, its own flower since each petal contains its own pistol and stamen. My husband works for the national Park Service and spent a few years as a ranger (although he's been a desk jockey for the past nine years) and he has taught me all kinds of neat stuff.

Now don't think me strange, but I love dandelions.....I know they are technically considered a "weed" but they were my grandpas favorite and they are always popping up when spring is here
Don't forget you can cook the new dandelion greens (not my favorite, BTW) and make dandelion wine...

My favorite springtime flower is Creeping Phlox. I have it growing across the entire length of my front wall..(two car lengths)

I love my clemantis vine also. But I think one of my favorites is Rose of Sharon. I have two bushes of that in my yard.