Magnolia blog

will you be keeping this one for yourself?
I want to keep them ALL! Probably not, though. We have almost no room for more than us & I have four houses downstairs right now...

I'm so grateful for all the compliments because it confirms that I'm correct to listen to the kit.

I can't wait to see what you do with yours once you get started.

I can't wait to see what you do with yours once you get started.

why sweetie its as done as its gonna get but for a painting.

I had thought of paperclay but since its Pixie's house I dont think so now.

although I did start a paperclay chimney.

I dont think my poor maggie is destined to be beautiful...just well loved! :lol:

nutti :)

why sweetie its as done as its gonna get but for a painting.
Well, DUH! I knew that, I'm not sure where that came from, guess it was another "senior moment"! Of course I remember the Pixilator playing with it without the roof! It is beautiful enough when a little child is playing with it, dear.

I just wanted to let y'all know that I have uploaded another roll of pictures into my "Dressing Maggie" album and the build is finished. Now I'm making things for it, and there's a TUTORIAL on how I made a set of bunkbeds.

I'm putting together the Corona Concepts kitchen furniture kit and started with the refrigerator (following the instructions so far, up to a point), I'm waiting for the spackle to dry and then I'll sand it again and take it and the handles downstairs to spray primer & to spray paint the latter. I'm not making "working" doors & shelves with this one, if I sell one of the other houses I'll switch out the kitchen appliances (I know, I'm bad). I have to take a break from the ribbon quilt, which is making me bat-blind & crippling my fingers!lol

• 1 month later...

I left some comments & let you have it with both barrels!lol Great minds think alike, I used that metal scrapbook strip stuff from Big Lots to trim my Orchid ceilings, and I used buttons painted to match the walls as trim in the Glencroft bathroom.

and then you have wacko LPCullen wallpapering upside down ... and you all thought it was weird enough when she painted upside down...

Had to be easier than what I did and make templates to glue the darn thing onto!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted new pictures to my "Dressing Maggie" album. I have the Corona Concepts kitchen kit I made up (I'll have to use it in another house, there's nowhere to hang the wall cupboard!), the double bed kit I made that takes up much less room than that testerbed in the other pictures,the Roman blinds I made using Cat Colorado's tutorial, the yellow gingham kitchen roller shades I made and the quilts on the bunkbeds.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...q=sc&cat=12 is the link to the team member houses gallery, where I posted the "Dressing Maggie" album. Don't feel bad, I kept trying to search for Wolfie's guardian angel dolls and the search kept coming back "no such"; I searched both caption & description! When I finally stumbled across them each and every picture caption began with the words "guardian angel". I think there are a LOT of Gallery issues that Dean will need to repair!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Holly, do you have any pictures of the outside or did I just miss them? Love the little details in all the rooms. Did you also make the livingroom table?

Ah, Peggi, here are the "finished" blog pictures: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...;showentry=1246 . I was requested to build & blog the bare Magnolia so people could see what a beautiful, easy build it is and get their own ideas for building, bashing & decorating. I put all the decorating & other "finishing" pictures in my "dressing Maggie" album. After reading your post, though, I did go back to my last blog entry and post a link to the album and one of the outside pictures. Eventually I want DH to cut my a piece of plywood I can landscape. I have two cowrieshell vases on the front porch with some of Nutti's irises & butterflies in them I haven't been able to take picture of yet.

Did you also make the livingroom table?
I wish! No, the table & sofa came from Melanie, with whom I occasionally swap supplies. The Prado sofa was in need of bashing and I thought it bashed rather well. The table was too perfect as it was, especially with Deb's cactus on it. I put that upholstery sample swatch on the floor to see how it looked & the durned thing is "growing" on me!