Magnolia blog

FYI to let everyone know the team building blog for the Magnolia kit is up & running and for anyone who wants to see what the unbashed, undecorated as-it-comes-from-the-box house looks like, I have blogged the "Bare Nekkid Maggie" for your edification. And due to the mature (?) content I have posted a viewer warning on each & every entry.

Then I took off all the temporarily attached stuff and I have been merrily bashing & decorating, and will open an album when I get a few more pictures processed.

I'll check it out.

I'm VERY interested. The building team at Greenleaf is such a great place to learn at the feet of the masters. You guys really rock. Collectively and individually, you are such warehouses of information.

-Susanne

I have blogged the "Bare Nekkid Maggie" for your edification. And due to the mature (?) content I have posted a viewer warning on each & every entry.

I told Bruce you were building the Maggie naked and he raised one eyebrow and said, "With all those splinters, isn't that a little dangerous?"

<cackle>

Deb

Tell Bruce I'm old & tough & I can take it! :cheer: (snort, snicker!) :ohyeah: I hadn't considered building any dollhouse when I'm the one who's naked... Ack! What a horrible thought! :p Just the thought of peeling paint or glue from parts of my anatomy likliest to encounter them gives me the shivers, and I think DH would have a stroke laughing so hard. No, for the sake of my personal comfort and DH's health I think I'll continue to wear clothes when I build.

But "Maggie" is elegant in her nakedness, don't you agree? (I already know you do, looking at your "sleek geek chic" rendition)

I have basicly stopped working on my "Maggie"

she has been claimed and is being loved very much!

post-9-1177020093_thumb.jpgpost-9-1177020143_thumb.jpg

I have been lucky enough to get to babysit her at the moment. I had hopped to get more done before she remembered that this house was hers.

plzzz note the doll furniture.

new Fisher Price dolls...3 sets one...one doll...snap on outfits and hats...tub,crib,or highchair

not in scale by no means but this house has such nice size rooms that they work well for little hands. and she has been loving them. we have been having alot of fun. and I wanted to share

post-9-1177020492_thumb.jpg

this would be also why my posting has been sporadic!

I sure am enjoying my favorite mini

nutti :wave:

Id at least like to paint it inside and out...just so it looks semi finished.

the porch is without its roof as well....I figure...why tempt her to sit on it?

and yes I have been enjoying her very much

today we took a 2 hour nap...she laying on top of me in my chair....

a little peice of heaven for sure.

Im thinking she could help me paint....

today she played with dollhouse...drew pretty pictures and watched The Wiggles...I DVR them for her. took a nap and played outside in the swing. I still have the little tykes swing we used for Catriona. Im ready to dig out Caties Kitchen for her also.

nutti :blink:

Nutti, after I posted the above DH decided he was bored so we went into our teeny little town to see if anyone knew why we no longer have a recycling station and where the bins might be (waste of time, no one knew where, although the why would take a book!) and to visit our favorite merchants, and in one of the shops I spotted a BUNCH of stuff I wanted to buy right then & there for Grayson! Nutti, there was a wee little ironingboard and a little tin iron! and the most adorable little china teaset in a lined wicker basket that included little utensils & linens! I thought of all our little granddaughters!

AAAWWWWWEEEEEE!

I love babies....but I do sooo love them lil girl babies and spoiling them with all those goodies!

do you have Miss Grayson's house picked out for her?

Im telling you this Magnolia is the perfect first house for a lil one. when we get ready for more advanced play they have ooodles of fisherPrice family furniture and people.

I figure her houe will go through 3 stages before Im done with it.

how is your lil sweetie?

nutti :blink:

I went. I saw. I fell in love! Now you've got me wanting a Magnolia! Holly how did you put that beautiful skylight in that room?! What a fantastic blog! I looked at the entire blog for over an hour just drooling onto my purple fuzzy shirt. Not a pretty sight!

AAAWWWWWEEEEEE!

I love babies....but I do sooo love them lil girl babies and spoiling them with all those goodies!

do you have Miss Grayson's house picked out for her?

Im telling you this Magnolia is the perfect first house for a lil one. when we get ready for more advanced play they have ooodles of fisherPrice family furniture and people.

I figure her houe will go through 3 stages before Im done with it.

how is your lil sweetie?

nutti :flowers:

Nutti, thanks for posting this, cause I'm thinking my Magnolia will be 2nd GD's house. Pixie is sure growing and I know you are having loads of fun keeping her while Mom works.

Holly how did you put that beautiful skylight in that room?
(Gina, Deb will kill me)That's Deb's "sleek chic geek" house; mine is the "bare nekkid Maggie".
do you have Miss Grayson's house picked out for her?...how is your lil sweetie?
I'm not sure, for some time I've been thinking about bashing a Sugarplum and a Buttercup for Li'l Bratz & Li'l Boyz to live in (Butterplum? Sugarcup?) for her first house. When she gets into school she shall get her Grandma holly's Cambridge and when she's married & has children, if I'm still living I'll tell her all its stories!
Pixie is so Pretty!! She is looking more and more like YOU too!
I thought so, too, Tracy!

Pixie is so Pretty!! She is looking more and more like YOU too!
I thought so, too, Tracy

:blink:

yall make me blush!

I think she looks alot like her mom.which is ok coz she is a keeper!

right now at nannies house the favorite toy is nannie!

she always says hi to everyone comming in the door...hi milo

hi sashasweetiekitti...hi papa, and than its my turn and she yells hi nannie I of course always yell back! we get loud! :clap:

nutti :groucho:

(Gina, Deb will kill me)That's Deb's "sleek chic geek" house; mine is the "bare nekkid Maggie".

<grinning> Ah heck, I went running to the blog to see how you did it Holly! <cackle> Wolfie, the skylights are Houseworks 24 pane windows. I just whacked holes in the roof pieces and set them in, then put my own interior frames on them. They make pretty nifty skylights.

Nutti, Pixie is just getting cuter and cuter all the time. She definitely looks like she has a lot of character.........and I'm pretty sure she gets that from her Nannie. It's never boring with her around is it?

Deb

You can see the beginnings of the southwestern "desert" look to it. I absolutely love this kit! It is both elegant in its look AND versatile in how it can look. BTW, I was thinking Gulf Coast beach house, but on a hike a week ago Saturday we came upon an old "cracker" homestead that looked SO similar! I'm rethinking ultimate landscaping (if I do any).

WOWzers Holly!

I love the Coquina...especially since I now know what it means! :)

what a very kewl idea! your house is looking great...

will you be keeping this one for yourself?

nutti :birthday: