Well the 4/4 deadline came and went...

ChrisK in VA

I have been shalacking, sanding, painting, priming, and buying and buying and buying (fabric, wood, lights, etc.).

Why wasn't there a warning on the dh box that said While the kit might cost $100, you will invest close to $1,000 before you are done...if you ever are!

Ok, here are some updated pictures - hope you don't mind me posting them. My poor but kind boss is indulging my need to show him all of my progress. I forwarded him some pictures for work-related stuff and a couple dh pictures made it in by "mistake". :(

Perhaps I will be done this weekend???

post-1792-1176301823_thumb.jpg

post-1792-1176302075_thumb.jpg

post-1792-1176302095_thumb.jpg

post-1792-1176302108_thumb.jpg

post-1792-1176302120_thumb.jpg

Deadline? Surely you jest! :(

It's looking good ... and if you think of the short-term expense amortized over a lifetime of pleasure, well, it makes for a reasonably priced obsession ... uhhhh, hobby.

LOL! OCD - yes! I bought the parquet floor and finished it. Luckily I bought two because I needed to add a section so it went to the edge of the dh opening. I am not sure just how far to extend it though - any ideas?? How can I transition from parquet to regular flooring without it looking goofy??

I told my husband that this is my hobby and sometimes hobbies are expensive but isn't my happiness worth it? :(

I don't think he's buying it.

I have often found it ironic that, in real life, I can budget and schedule home improvement projects with pinpoint accuracy... but with the dollhouses, fuggedabout it! They always run over budget, off schedule...

Yours is looking great, though!

LOL! OCD - yes! I bought the parquet floor and finished it. Luckily I bought two because I needed to add a section so it went to the edge of the dh opening. I am not sure just how far to extend it though - any ideas?? How can I transition from parquet to regular flooring without it looking goofy??

Are you using the stairs that came with the Pierce? If so, the DR edge of the stairway might be a good place to end the parquet. Wherever you decide to make the transition, you might run a strip of regular flooring against the edge of the parquet and go from there. If the the ends of the regular flooring boards will meet the parquet, I'd run a single board as a sort of divider, so the single boards would butt one of their own kind.

No, I am using the circular staircase and there is no real straight edge like with the other staircase. I have the strip wood that I used for the front porch that I could finish and use as a transition. Would it look goofy to extend the parquet to the french door alcove and use that as my line? Run the parquet up to the edge of the wall closest to the alcove.

I am just worried about the look of the parquet to regular flooring and then add the stairs in there.

I need to edge the wallpaper over to the end of the front door too so it is flush with the white trim. It's never easy!

wow, this is looking super!

you're absolutely right, of course. and dh should be smart and just agree that your happiness is priceless.

I love how elegant your paper choices look. I also think the idea of playing with the floor printies is a brilliant one, and I can't wait to see what you decide! The parquet is SO pretty!