New Greenleaf Poll Opened

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they are only going to do one at a time <_ . i looked at the list and froze. there are so many want brought back right now too holly lol src="http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/%5Chtml%5Cstyle_emoticons%5C/biggrin2.gif" alt=":D">

Teresa, Under "Question of the Day" Tracy posted some pictures of the old houses, I think it was the latest question, the "log cabin".

I absolutely was blown away by the Beaumont, because I have been wanting to build a Georgian but RGT is 'way too rich for my blood.

Is there somewhere I can view these houses?  I'm only familiar with the Willowcrest!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's see what we can do about that!

Beaumont

exterior and interior (first house on the page)

Tiffani exterior interior

Brookwood exterior interior

Victorianna interior (it's a half-scale McKinley)

Tennyson exterior interior

Willowcrest exterior interior

Jefferson exterior interior

I was so desparately torn, I really want the Willowcrest brought back, too; but when I saw the Beaumont picture Tracy posted elsewhere (thanks for the links, Wende) I was blown away because I want to build a Georgian and that one is gorgeous.

Now you done it Marie! Now you got me curious and I'm gonna have to go home today and open up the box!

Tracy, I don't hate MDF or plywood, I just can't see myself flipping them upside down and toting them from house to house as I work on them, LOL!

I hate it cause it is so hard for me to bash (remember, big tools bite harder than the small ones in my experiance LOL) and I won't even think about trying to get hubby to help me move the darn thing. I'd never get anything done :D :lol: .

Now, when it comes to my other craft projects, they are perfect because I don't have such a big piece to carry ;) . I could never make a book shelf or towel rack with the thin plywood, but shucks, give me MDF or thick wood boards and I am off and running.

:D

Calamari,

Thanks for the links! That helps. I'm sorry I missed the posts about the price of the beumont - what a house! But the Willow Crests really gets me. I dunno what it is about it - oh yes I do! The roof line - I'm drooling. I want that house :lol: For my full sized house!! :D Ah well that's the great thing about minis right? :D

-David

Speaking with all of the authority of one who has yet to finish her first Buttercup,

I would say that the Beaumont and the Willowcrest share equally in the Wow! factor-- but I wound up voting for the Beaumont because I figure that years of following someone devotedly around Civil War battlefields and the like should net me a Southern mansion at least. Can't understand why the both of them are not leading in the poll.

Gotta figure out a way to vote twice.

Bee

Wow, I just checked the poll and the Victorianna is winning. I am so surprised! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd bet it's the scale issue. RGT is doing their utmost to corner the market for half-scale, but their current 1:24 kits offer no flexibility for the creative builder. The Victorianna isn't especially cool in itself, but it's half-scale!

I agree the Willowcrest is beautiful!! Every time I say this is my last house I see another one that I just gotta have. My husband says I should build and sell but I just don't know if I can. I would worry they were not being loved. Besides can you really make any money at it?

psst, every time I log on the poll is there to vote. Is it supposed to change?

Marie, I Love it! It is Stunning! The columns are just awesome. Yeap, that is my kinda house. I would love to see how you bash the Beaumont. There is nothing like a woman who "can" use power tools. I want to take a class on using some cause my lack of use holds me back.

Hubby is too busy with real houses and thinks cause I help him with ideas that I can just do it in miniature LOL. It's great One of us have the confidence LOL. :D

Well, I did mention this to a 1/2" scale group I belong to LOL. I guess they are voting while the others are not. I did mention it to other forum/digest I belong to. This is very interesting to me also. I thought it would be the willowcrest or Beaumont or even the popular Brookwood. Mention the polls on other forums you belong to so the polls reflect what people want.

Shame on you all for voting twice. And giving me ideas to do it too :D ;) :D :lol: