Kozbro House

heidiiiii

Thanks Corey.

I think what is so fascinating is that this house is an unknown. What is next? What is it going to look like? Finished product?

It is like the ultimate eye candy...for me and for you.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit a snag.

The front roof piece for the porch is very very very warped. I wet it down, put it on the picnic table outside, and covered it in bricks. I think it is going to be a couple days until I can continue... :shaun:

I hit a snag.

The front roof piece for the porch is very very very warped. I wet it down, put it on the picnic table outside, and covered it in bricks. I think it is going to be a couple days until I can continue... :shaun:

Schucks, but those bricks ought to tell the roof piece who is the boss :dunno:

Hoping it will give in real quick as it is useless to fight "mama" LOL

Hugs

Oh Anna, I am going to MAKE that piece obey! I have taken pics but I want to add more before I upload and put in the blog... I guess I can finish working on the porch floor.

Isn't that the best part? YOu know, one can always do a little something while awaiting that d---ed piece that needs to comply????

Looking forward to the new pics!!! I will get back tot he last kitty items and then it is the doggie beds awaiting...

Hugs

It worked! It worked!

Spray the wood on both sides with water. Lay it down curved side down. Weight the entire piece on a flat surface (outside if you can), and just wait. I think the combo of night air, morning dew and sunshine fixed it!

I am going to go over and glue it in place now..Yippee!

wow heidi! im speechless! you have done SO much on your house already! its looking increible. i love everything about it! great great work ;)

It worked! It worked!

Spray the wood on both sides with water. Lay it down curved side down. Weight the entire piece on a flat surface (outside if you can), and just wait. I think the combo of night air, morning dew and sunshine fixed it!

I am going to go over and glue it in place now..Yippee!

Yay!!! Way to go mama!!! Better get that house to know who is in charge around the house, right?!? Serisously, it looks great!!!!

Hugs

yay, well done!!

i'm nominating you for the next leader of the anti-war(p) movement. :)

happily awaiting new views, and sending congrats!!

Good for you, Heidi! It's good to know that the warpage can be beaten. I can't believe how fast this house is coming together!

Thanks.

I love to build. When I am done with building it and doing the exterior, then it will go at a snails pace. Interior design takes alot longer then exterior design..well for me anyway. I have to put her somewhere today so we can use the diningroom table! UGH!

I did some work on the pantry yesterday.

I used the tiles that came with the kit to make the checkerboard floor. I am going to make more shelves to put goodies on. That shelf isnt staying near the window. I will have them stacked against the walls.

Give me some ideas of what else I should put in the pantry (besides food)... What other things should I put in there? The room next to it will be the kitchen.

I did some work on the pantry yesterday.

I used the tiles that came with the kit to make the checkerboard floor. I am going to make more shelves to put goodies on. That shelf isnt staying near the window. I will have them stacked against the walls.

Give me some ideas of what else I should put in the pantry (besides food)... What other things should I put in there? The room next to it will be the kitchen.

Your pantry is way cute Heidi! Hmmmm as far as ideas for non-food items in the pantry.....maybe some dishes, like off season or holiday stuff...cleaning supplies....kitties.....(when I had a pantry I kept the kitty food in there so I ALWAYS had fuzzies exploring the place :unsure: ) maybe pots and pans that are too big for the cupboards......hopefully I can think of more ideas when I'm more caffeinated!

in my pantry I have a birdcage and a hamster cage and I did have a 10 gal aquarium till I set it back up again. on top shelf...of course you could also put in washer and dryer if its big enough put in stain glass window and stack the W&D on the back wall.

filled masons jars,mop,broom,dustpan,stepstool bushel basket with produce

lots of shelves! love the floor...it looks great.

nutti :unsure:

love that room! :angry:

maybe a washtub, washboard, an ironing board and iron, and a laundry basket w/some clothes, linens?

dunno whether :unsure: that stuff would be in the right time period, though.

Thank you all for the ideas. You really do need another brain to pick when it comes to things like that.

I really like the idea of the stackable washer/dryer. I could make that window stained glass and stack them in front of it!

• 2 weeks later...

I got started on working on her yesterday. I needed to keep my mind off of other things.

I did the kitchen floor. I have wood that I am going to glue on the walls for trim. I have to paint it.