Kozbro House

heidiiiii

I got it! I got it!

The mail carrier was like..*how did you know it would be here today?* I said womans intuition!

I think by looking at the house that it is not 1" scale. It just looks like alot of house for such a smallish box.

It is still stapled, taped, and has those yellow whipper-snapper ties on it.

I am going to open it and start.

I will post pics and then I have to try to figure out what scale it is.

Edit: This is gorgeous! I has like linoleum like sheets for I think flooring. I will have to read instructions.

As for scale so far. I measured one of th sides of a chair kitchen chair..It is 3'..That is 1" scale right?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I punched out all of the pieces for the main structure and they are slightly warped. Now I have to figure out how to straighten them...

I will be joining you in frustration gramps!

Congratulations!

Im so glad you finally got it!

so you started it? or just getting the warp out in anticipation fo doing it as soon as the ER is at a stopping point?

and furniture to boot?

very good!

I know this house is very close in looks to the half scale EA and I loved it!

now look at you...4 very unique houses in your collection!

Happy Building!

nutti :yes:

As for scale so far. I measured one of th sides of a chair kitchen chair..It is 3'..That is 1" scale right?

Yup! I just measured a dining chair to make sure, and mine are just about 3' high, so yes, your 3" high chair is 1:12 (or 1" scale).

Just like with real-life houses, kits represent "normal scale" at a surprising range of sizes... if you ever drive through one of those neighborhoods where houses from the 1970s or earlier are next to really new houses, you've seen this.

Remember to breath Heidi!!! Your excitement is contagious. Congratulations and sit back and enjoy. Maybe the warping is its way of saying slow down and savor the process. LOL

:whistle: HAPPY NEW ARRIVAL!

:wave:

i think she takes after your side of the family :yes: and will be a very happy little one!

hope the warpitude lessens, and that you have a blast!

It is supposed to be a nice warm day today. I am going to open up the windows and let the New England wetness drift in.

I have my big stack of books and big cans of tomatoes at the ready. The warping isnt very very bad. I just have to go slow. There are no replacements if I break something. I cant call Dean and ask for a floor replacement on this one.

I will do step by step pics. The instructions are weird but I understand them.

Here is the funny part of all this. No one was home when I got the dh. So I have all this wood piled on the table next to the E. Row. No one noticed! I think they just figured it was stuff I already had! ROFL

Here is the funny part of all this. No one was home when I got the dh. So I have all this wood piled on the table next to the E. Row. No one noticed! I think they just figured it was stuff I already had! ROFL

LOL! Have fun and enjoy it, it looks real tempting for sure from your pics!

Hugs

I have been building and I have added pics to the blog..

Here is a sample.

I think instead of that small room being the kitchen, I will make that a pantry and make what some would use as a diningroom into a kitchen. It is going to be HUGE!

I couldnt fix the warping but the wood is thin enough and forgiving enough that I was able to bind it into submission.

Yes Corey that is one big room. I have added the floors for this section (have to upload) and now I have to glue on the west wing..(LOL)

That other section will have the livingroom (which is also big), another bedroom and attic space.

Oh Corey, Darn! I am going away to give the HUD house to the lil girl this weekend. Pm me about where you are going to be...Maybe I could stop by on my way out.