Sturbridge, Mass Show

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the lab tech at my doctor's office may try to go. I told her about it while she was drawing my blood this morning for a test. She collects dollhouses and miniatures. Her DH wasn't too excited about it. He goes to work with her every Saturday and then they go out for breakfast. She said she hoped to see me there.

I called Cracker Barrel and they do not take reservations. So I'm going to try to get there early. I think it is just Corey, Kate, and I for breakfast and the show.

I had a cat scan today..no gushers or growers in the ole noggin. But now my leg is not only numb but it hurts like h-e-double hockey sticks. I have some pain killers to hold off the pain but I am on the couch! They still think it is most likely Lyme Disease. Took another blood test and have to wait for it to come back.

You all have fun at the show.. Wish I was there!

Oh no, I know how bad one feels when dealing with the bl---ed Lyme Desease, went through it last year after having carried the infection around for years as it seams.... No fun at all but hopefully you will be able to get a proper medication to get rid of it real quick!

Lots of hugs and hoping for quick recovery!!!!!

Anna

Are any of y'all taking any of the classes? I saw a post from Molly Cromwell that she is taking Brian Long's class. Next to Rik Pierce that's one artisan I'd love to have the money to take a class from, him or Carl Bindheim!

Classes were today so no. I thought about it, but we subscribe to season theater tickets and are going there tonight and it would have been too long of a drive to do it for both days. I know Kate is working today and since Corey wasn't staying over night, I would assume she wasn't. She has the longest drive of all of us going.

I just returned from the show. They had over 100 vendors. I think the most amazing thing were these teeny, tiny working railroads. A couple were done in the hard cover eye glass cases. They were amazing. It was at a vendor called Tadpoles from England. We didn't take any pictures since it was just vendors, but I will take some of my purchases once I unpack them. I bought 4 doll kits and ordered a doll that will be sent to me. Then bought some other small things. The dolls were my major purchases. I picked up several things for my houseboat contest entry. Kate got some great things as well--many unusual things.

Breakfast was wonderful and way too fattening. We went off our diets a bit. It was just Kate and I. We don't know what happened to Corey. We didn't see her at the show either. :banana:

We met Jim Pounder. Kate bought a lamp from him that is beautiful. We had a lovely conversation with Debra Hammond. Her dolls are beautiful!! We also had a conversation with Ellen Scofield. I bought my four doll kits from her. I ordered my Mark Twain doll from Elaine Kothe (it is for a gift for my mother who loves Mark Twain). She had a face that was very close to his unfortunately the one she had wasn't dressed how I wanted so she is making me him how I want and sending it to me. I have a stack of business cards that I picked up that a over an inch thick and I don't think I have gotten them all out of my purse yet.

Our goal is to take a class next year and go to the preview on Saturday night. The dates for anyone interested in planning on going with us are May 31 and June 1st.

Here are some pictures of the items I bought:

This doll will be for my Diana. I am naming her Diane after a good friend. She will be out working in her garden. I still have to make her a short sleeved top and change her shoes.

post-936-1180958912_thumb.jpgpost-936-1180958886_thumb.jpg

These three will be in my Brookwood. I invision a grandmother and two granddaughters playing dress up in the attic. I think the grandmother will be Hazel after my grandmother. I haven't named the two girls yet. They are feeling a little camera shy since I haven't clothed them yet. post-936-1180958868_thumb.jpg

This is the quilt shop owner, Judy (I bought her in March from Ellen Scofield as a kit). Seeing and talking to Ellen motivated me to finally make her some clothes. She is showing off the purchase for the quilt shop--a brass quilt rack. (I'm putting more pictures in my gallery of her checking out the quilt shop and making a list of what needs to be done.

post-936-1180958896_thumb.jpg

Here are the small misc. items I bought. The table matches a sofa I bought at the show in March. The cake is going on the table in my robin's roost. The clock is for a room box for DH who loves light houses. The books are Mark Twain titles for my mother's gift. The pink roses I bought because they are my favorite flowers. The tea set is for my mother's gift as well. The orchid kit is for me to give a go at making them. I will probably use them in the Brookwood but possibly the Diana. I am going to work on the landscape of the Diana and put in a lot of gardens and details.

post-936-1180958850_thumb.jpgpost-936-1180958829_thumb.jpg

Wow! What a haul. I read Molly's posts on SSD about how wonderful her shows are, and next to the Chicago International (If a rich relative dies) I'd love to attend one of her shows. You got some terrific stuff, but I adore Hazel and her grands (who look, respectively, like a Stephanie & a Samantha to me) and of course they'll all play "dress-up" (you'll need several large, floppy hats with feathers & flowers. some boas & stoles, and, of course, SHOES!). And I really like Diane.

Thanks, Holly. I like the names Stephanie and Samantha. Or maybe Sabrina and Samantha. Hmmm...I'll have to think about it some more. The show was wonderful. I wish we had signed up to take some classes. I hope to next year. It is very easy to spend a fortune there with all the unique vendors there. We had a great time. I think you and DH should plan a trip to New England next year. May and June are beautiful in Central Mass. Sturbridge is a cute little town to visit.

I think you and DH should plan a trip to New England next year.
Me, too. We found a little campground just N of the state line in NH, less than an hour from Earth & Tree, and not far from a railtrail into Mass. I really think I'd like to back to Concord, too.

I am glad you had a great time!

And you were able to get some great items for your mini addiction. I cant wait to see the Mark Twain doll. You have been searching a long time for it. I am glad you found it and that you will be able to make your mom happy with it!

No nothing yet.

Going to have to have the electronic pulse thingy test done on my arms and legs. Waiting for a call for appointment.

It is difficult to get help for Lyme if your bloodwork says you dont have it. I hate insurance! But they have ruled out MS..so that is a big sigh of relief!

I have been down this road before. If it is an auto-immune (like I need another one!) then it is all about eliminating the culprits one by one before they can make a diagnosis.

Where is House when you need him?

Did the doctors give you an idea of how often a false negative on Lyme disease happens? I hadn't heard of one before which is why I'm asking. I take it they didn't give you an antibiotic just in case?

I hope they figure out what it is soon and get you better soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.

You could take 10 different Lyme titers and have them sent to 10 different labs and they all can come up negative. But then ultimately some time down the road, it will come up positive. It is a sneaky antibody. They have to catch it at just the right time in the needle at that moment!

I will be seeing my gp next monday and I think he might just put me on the antibiotic. You know how doctors (and insurance) is. Gotta overturn every rock before they make a decision!

But if it is Lyme disease, it is very important to be put on the antibiotic as soon as possible. From my family's experiences I have seen both sides--my sister has no lingering effects when she was bite with by the tick because she was put on antibiotics immediately and my brother-in-law is living with the effects for the rest of his life since he wasn't. I hope they put you on them right away. If there is a chance and it sounds like they all think it is, I can't imagine you not being put on them. Good luck!

• 2 months later...