Sturbridge, Mass Show

those of you who are going should wear a leaf. than when you see each other you will KNOW!

I hope yall will come back and share with us all the news and goodies!

nutti :angry:

LOL Nutti, I am SO not letting Eric see this post.....he would be more than happy to wear a leaf.....................and nothing else :unsure:

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was talking to Fred about the trip up there in June. I think he is going to go with me. Just in case I get too tired for the drive back. Now he wants me to see if there is anything for him to do while I am in mini-mode.

Are there any malls or something like that in close proximity?

Malls? Hmmm....A couple exits away on the Mass Pike is the Auburn Mall.

Old Sturbridge Village is right there as well. I don't know what the entry fee is anymore but it can be fun.

I am going on Sunday. If I figured my calculations right, in may take me an hour or more to get there. I want to give myself plenty of time just in case of road conditions, check out the town, parking, etc.

Carrie has my cellphone # and I have hers so we can all get hold of each other. Natalie was thinking she wanted to come with me.

I have Corey's cell phone as well (and Kate's if she is able to join us) and they have mine. This should be very exciting!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY SHOWS IN AUGUST FROM MARYLAND TO NEW HAMPSHIRE? MY WIFE AND I ARE FLYING TO BWI TO VISIT MY DAUGHTER, SON-IN-LAW, AND OUR GRANDAUGHTER ALLIE. THEN WE WILL TREK UP TO NEW HAMPSHIRE TO VISIT MY SON AND OUR DAUGHTER-IN-LAW. WE'LL BE TAKING TWO WEEKS IN THAT AREA BEFORE COMING HOME TO UTAH

• 2 weeks later...

It is only about a month away. I was checking out what was near the show if we wanted to meet for breakfast. There is a Crackel Barrel about 2 minutes away. Are people interested in meeting for breakfast? Is anyone going to stay overnight Saturday night? Cracker Barrel often has a wait for a table especially if we have a large party. So if someone is staying overnight maybe they could go put the name in or I'll try to call and see if we can get a reservation as we get closer to the date and know the number of people meeting us.

Heidi, for things to do check out http://www.sturbridgehosthotel.com/attractions.html and the hotel info is at Sturbridge Host Hotel.

I am not staying overnight either. But I am always up for breakfast! Give me some idea what we are going to do. I need to figure out when I should leave so that I get there at a good time.

The show starts at 10. I'm guessing we should meet for breakfast at 8:30. How does that sound? That way we will have plenty of time to eat and visit and get to the show. Is that doable for people? I will try to make a reservation once we have a number of people who will be eating breakfast so hopefully we won't have to wait for a table. Does Cracker Barrel sound good to people?

From my calculations it will take about 1hr and a half (but I am thinking 2hr) to get there from here. So I will be leaving my house at 6am. To make it for 8am. You are going to have to tell me how to get to the Cracker Barrel from the hotel. But I have gotten up much earlier to go to NYC so this is no problem!

My friend had to drive up to Sturbridge yesterday for her gs basketball game (AAU league) and she told me it will take me about 1 hour and a half. She said it is a nice beautiful town. I have been but it was soooo long ago I dont remember (Sturbridge Village trips).

She is going to send me instructions so I dont get confused during the CT-MA change over on the highway.

Great to have friends in the know!

• 4 weeks later...

Hard to believe the show is only a little more than a week away!!

I'm wondering who is meeting us for breakfast. I'm happy to make a reservation if I have a number to make it for. I believe we said Cracker Barrel at 8:30. It is 2 minutes according to mapquest away from the show. I posted directions above to get from the hotel to the restaurant. If you are interested in joining Heidi, Corey and I for breakfast, please let me know (and if you are bringing anyone else let me know that too).

What about Kate ? Have you talked to her?

She has a new job near Sturbridge, but unfortunately she is working all weekend. If she wasn't working she said she would be moving that weekend anyway. She had a feeling when we met up in Braintree that this might happen.

So I think we need to hear from Jen and Greg about breakfast. Is there anyone else going to the show?

We wish you could come as well Tracy.

Update on our breakfast list, I just heard from Kate and her work thing got moved to Monday and they are moving this weekend, so she will be there for breakfast and the show!!

So we are waiting to hear from Jen (and Eric) and Greg (and Russ) about breakfast and the show. Is anyone else going to be in the New England area and want to join us?

We wish you were coming too, Holly! Maybe you and DH can plan a trip to Sturbridge for next year's show. :)

I have heard from Greg and Jen and they cannot make it. So it is looking like it is the four of us this year, assuming Heidi is feeling well enough to come.

Fingers crossed here as well for you Heidi, I think you were looking forward to the show more than any of us LOL

Like I told Carrie, I'm bummed that I can't make it , but I hope those of you who do go have an AWESOME time and don't forget the eye candy! LOL

I had a cat scan today..no gushers or growers in the ole noggin. But now my leg is not only numb but it hurts like h-e-double hockey sticks. I have some pain killers to hold off the pain but I am on the couch! They still think it is most likely Lyme Disease. Took another blood test and have to wait for it to come back.

You all have fun at the show.. Wish I was there!