Martha Stewart

Irene

Oh My Goodness....just got done watching Martha today....one of her guests creates roses out of coffee filters...After the show, I went on-line to print out instructions...thinking in the back of my mind..."I wonder if I could shrinkt those templates down and make miniature roses instead???"...anyways, I followed the link to this woman's website to see her work and I nearly fell off my chair when I saw her prices! I had to read thru the descriptions twice because I couldn't believe it....check it out!!

Cassie Chappell Roses

I can't help but wonder how many of these flowers she actually sells......

Yikes!! No wonder she was on 'Martha Stewart' . . . she doesn't have anyone on her show who is cheap!

I have to say though, that the roses are just beautiful! This girl really knows how to make a rose!

I'm guessing a lot of people on the west coast just watched the show and are attempting to access the web site because I'm getting "Service unavailable." I'll try back later.

Those roses are Wonderful!! the price is totally out of my budget though. I did not find any instructions. Which link did you click for that?

Tracy...the instructions are on Martha Stewart's website....it took me awhile to find them...finally entered coffee filter roses into the search and they came up...after watching the show and reading the directions on how to make them, I don't think that they would be that difficult to make, that's why I was so surprised at the prices! $125 for one rose???...think I'll try makin my own thank you very much!!!

The template is in the list of supplies.

I printed out the instructions and saved the template. I think I am going to give this a go. It will only cost me the price of a package of coffee filters. I have all the other supplies.

For that price I would buy myself a few REAL rose bushes and plant them in the yard!

Thanks for the Links! I think she is very talented and wish her great success! Did you all read her story too? It's so true how sometimes our friends can give us that extra push of encouragement that we may need to do something like this. She has a great support group for sure!

The template is in the list of supplies.
Thanks, Heidi, I missed that! :lol:

Did you all read her story too? It's so true how sometimes our friends can give us that extra push of encouragement that we may need to do something like this. She has a great support group for sure!

That is so true, Tracy! Without my family and friends I never would have started up my Folk Art Painting studio!

OK, I finally got to see these. Wow- They are beautiful and so real looking, but very expensive. For me, the tissue paper ones made from hole punches will be just fine. :lol:

I printed out the instructions and saved the template. I think I am going to give this a go. It will only cost me the price of a package of coffee filters. I have all the other supplies.

Hope you show them to us when you are finished!!

I am going to the grocery store today and I am adding cone shaped coffee filters to the list!

I have read the instructions a couple times and went HUH? I think this is going to be a trial and error project.

I will definitely take pics.

Okay last night I started on the roses and it is kind of hard to understand but I figured it out. The only problem is I need to go out and get a stronger gauge wire.

When I start again I will take pics along the way.

One of the things that is making me angry is the floral tape wont stay put on the coffee filter paper. And I stretched it to get the glue out.

Any suggestions?

Heidi,

Im a florist, the tape will stick to itself if it's stretched enough. Make sure you are using the right side, one side works better than the other. Maybe if its wound tight enough around the filter it will hold or you could try some glue. I printed off the instructions too, and might give it a try.

jenn

Yeah the tape is sticking to itself fine but not to the paper. I am going to glue it. I got the 18 gauge wire sticks and I am at it again today. I bought the largest size Melitta coffee filters but you can get a smaller size. You need 8 filters per rose.

Thanks for letting me know! :yikes: