Hello from Missouri

Chris

Hello. I just had my first dollhouse delivered at my door. It is a Pierce which is what my Grandaughter wanted me to build for her. I opened up the box and started reading the directions and "Panic" started setting in. I am looking forward to starting to build the house but I feel like there is so much I don't know. I want the house to look as realistic as possible regarding paint, siding etc. but I am not sure where to go on the web to find the answers. I guess I will just take a deep breath and dig in. I am sure I will be asking many questions on the discussion board so I thank all of you in advance for your assistance and patience as I move forward.

Thank You!

Welcome Chris,

What an exciting time you'll have! Read the directions a few times first just to get the hang of what happens as you move along then you'll see the panic will disappear and you'll look forward to each new phase. Have fun and of course, there are so many here to help if you should need. Ask anything, we've all been where you are now. Good luck!

Wendy

Welcome to our community Chrs!! The Pierce is a Wonderful house when built. I can't wait to see what youdo with this house. Have you picked out paint colors and wallpapers yet? Please take pictures and visit us often! :(

Hi Chris! :(

You've found the right place for questions and answers. The Pierce is such a lovely house and there are many people on the board who have experience with that kit. I't so nice you're making it for your Mom, I'm sure she'll love it. No need to panic though, I've yet to see a mistake that can't be "fixed" one way or another.

Hellooo to Missouri from Missouri!! :D

where abouts are you?

Im close to the Joplin area.

I havent built the Peirce but I can offer some advice...take things sloww and step by step. and if you have ANY questions just ASK!!!

lots of brains to pick around here!

do not let it overwhelm you. its going to look wonderful and granddaughter is gonna love it.

nutti :(

Welcome Chris! I know what you mean about panic . . . I've renovated a Beacon Hill but that is nothing compared to actually building your first house! :D I had a Buttercup delivered about a week ago and still can't get up the nerve to tackle it . . . partly because I want to bash it (adjust it in some way) but haven't figured out what I'm doing yet! :(

Welcome to the forum, Chris, We have all felt that rising panic of oh s_ _ _, what have I gotten into? I still do, with every kit I build the first time (I'm putting on siding for the first time with Westville, you'd better believe I read everything I can on the subject :( ).

Open the box and pull out the schematic sheet and put your acrylic "window" sheet between two big pieces of paper to keep it from getting scratched and go through each plywood sheet to make sure everything is there. Read the instructions, go out and buy yourself a BIG roll of masking tape. Read the instructions again, compare everything with the schematic sheet and label small parts. Read the instructions as you begin to assemble the kit, and dry-fit everything first (put it together with masking tape instead of glue). The house will tell you what it wants as you put it together. If you read the forum and the blogs you may get some ideas of how you want to proceed and things you want to try.

Mistakes are OK & most cover up really well with paint or wallpaper.

Have fun!

Welcome Chris! Congratulations on deciding to build a Pierce! It's a HUGE house! Take a look around, because there are some people building the Pierce right now. Also, If you go under my webshots, whenever I start to build a house I go around and take pictures of real world houses for inspiration. There were a couple that I used for the Pierce.

Here's a direct link to those albums (there are two):

http://community.webshots.com/album/206628268msTmeR

http://community.webshots.com/album/239178977sPMxei

Hi, I'm Linda from St. George and new to this forum. My first dollhouse was the Pierce. I entered it in our local fair and then in the Utah State Fair. Won Sweepstakes and Best of Show. You can see lots of eye candy at http://community.webshots.com/user/lampladylinda Hope some of the pictures help others as much as the pictures I found helped me.

Hi Chris! I'm Deb and also new to the forum and to minis. I understand that state of panic quite well because I just started on a Pierce too. Shall we panic together? :( I'm originally from Missouri too....born in Springfield and my dad's family is still around Ozark and Branson.

This forum seems to be a wonderful place for a beginner to shelter. Everyone has been sooooooooo nice and I've learned a lot already.

So what are your plans for the Pierce?

Deb