Newly obsessed

Deb

http://www.mini-projects.com/modules.php?o...a724bc9aae08e79

Hope this helps!

Oh!  And what part of Denver do you reside in?  I'm in the Aurora area!  Howdy neighbor!  :D

That's perfect! It's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you *so* much!

I'm also in Aurora, not far from Cherry Creek which means raccoons trying to live in the chimney and fox in the back yard. We work in DTC so we have to watch out for deer in the streets on the way home late at night. Who's idea was it to put a national park in the middle of a city anyway? LOL

Wait! You're the one who did the Foxhall Manor! Sorry, I know it's not polite to point and shout like that, but I ran across a link for your gallery when I first started researching minis online and it's breathtaking.

Deb

I finally got to see your witches house and it's gorgeous.  I love how clean and perfect it all looks inside.

Wendy

Thank you Wendy. It's not going to show those clean lines for long! My furniture order from HBS arrives tomorrow and then I can "move in". I wonder if the Fed Ex guy would be offended if I ran out, hugged him, grabbed the box and ran back inside yelling, "It's here! It's here!". :D

Deb

Hi Deb! Thanks for your kind words about my Beacon Hill. It truly was "trash to treasure"!

It wasn't hard at all wallpapering over the tape wire. I also wallpapered over round wire as all my lights are switched to a main control panel (hubby's idea). I made templates for all the walls before I actually cut the wallpaper. That way I was able to get good cuts around the windows and doors, et cetera.

I have fourteen birds and two dogs. I used to have cats ("Merlin" in the Beacon Hill is an exact look-alike of my real life Merlin from a number of years ago). Alas, now with the birds, having a cat would definitely not be a good idea. :D

:D Welcome Deb,

So glad you found us here. The Orchid is one of my favorite houses. I can't wait to see what you do with your Pierce!

<giggling> I can't wait to see what I do with the Pierce too! So far, I've decided on paint colors, have a huge stack of wallpaper, labeled all my parts and started sanding the staircase. I'd probably go faster on the sanding if I'd keep sanding instead of stopping to admire other pieces. I have problems with working sequentially and keep wanting to skip around. <hanging head and scuffing toe in the dirt> But I'm still so new at this that I figure I'd better stay close to the instructions.

Deb (who has goals of bashing someday)

It wasn't hard at all wallpapering over the tape wire.  I also wallpapered over round wire as all my lights are switched to a main control panel (hubby's idea).  I made templates for all the walls before I actually cut the wallpaper.  That way I was able to get good cuts around the windows and doors, et cetera.

I have fourteen birds and two dogs.  I used to have cats ("Merlin" in the Beacon Hill is an exact look-alike of my real life Merlin from a number of years ago).  Alas, now with the birds, having a cat would definitely not be a good idea.  :D

I was planning to make templates for the wallpaper in the Orchid in case I wanted to change the decor later and didn't remember about doing it until I was half way thru. (Being old and spacey has it's drawbacks) I'll definitely have to remember to do it for the Pierce tho. I've seen information about putting wallpaper on posterboard or card stock to make it easy to remove or replace. Is that recomended when it's going in over wiring?

Fourteen birds + one cat = a buffet. B) I'm sure the birds are really happy with your decision to keep the felines at bay. They are truly beautiful birds and it appears they share your interest in minis!

Deb

That's perfect!  It's exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you *so* much!

I'm also in Aurora, not far from Cherry Creek which means raccoons trying to live in the chimney and fox in the back yard.  We work in DTC so we have to watch out for deer in the streets on the way home late at night.  Who's idea was it to put a national park in the middle of a city anyway?  LOL

Wait!  You're the one who did the Foxhall Manor!  Sorry, I know it's not polite to point and shout like that, but I ran across a link for your gallery when I first started researching minis online and it's breathtaking. 

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you liked the link! :D I live in the Mississippi/Havana area; near Buckingham Square. Not too bad an area, but Hubby and I want to live a little closer to Golden someday.

Yup, I did the Foxhall Manor and thank you for your kind words! It was sold to a really nice lady and her daughter in New Jersey. Very sad seeing it go out the door. But now I have a few new custom builds to keep me busy! :D One of these days we'll have to meet and go to Norms Dollhouse or something! B)

Yup, I did the Foxhall Manor and thank you for your kind words!  It was sold to a really nice lady and her daughter in New Jersey.  Very sad seeing it go out the door.  But now I have a few new custom builds to keep me busy!  :D  One of these days we'll have to meet and go to Norms Dollhouse or something!  :(

It must have been hard for you to let the Foxhall Manor go after putting so much time and energy into it. If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been building houses?

Norms Dollhouse? Sounds intriguing. What is it? Someone was telling me the other that there is a mini section in one of the museums around here but they weren't sure which one or where.

Deb

putting wallpaper on posterboard or card stock to make it easy to remove or replace. Is that recomended when it's going in over wiring?

Yes, you can apply it with double-sided tape or put baseboards & crown molding to hold it, should you need to trouble-shoot or just want to change the decor later on.

Baseboards are also a way to go if you tapewire after the fact. In fact, somewhere I read of running the tapewire along the bottom of the wall & painting it to look like a baseboard. The baseboard stock I got from HBS (HobbyBuilders' Supply) has a groove on the back that would cover roundwire :(

Yes, you can apply it with double-sided tape or put baseboards & crown molding to hold it, should you need to trouble-shoot or just want to change the decor later on.

Baseboards are also a way to go if you tapewire after the fact.  In fact, somewhere I read of running the tapewire along the bottom of the wall & painting it to look like a baseboard.  The baseboard stock I got from HBS (HobbyBuilders' Supply) has a groove on the back that would cover roundwire  :(

Now there's a thought! I've been doing the debate of "wire now or regret not doing it and wire later". If I could cover the wiring with wallpaper, moulding and baseboards later, that takes a lot of pressure out of the decision.

Thank you!!

Deb

Norms Dollhouse is the local miniatures shop and you can literally lose yourself in it!  Kathy and David Nielsen run the shop.  It's been in their family for 27 or so years now.  It's a miniaturists dream store!  Here's their website for location and hours of operation...http://www.normsdollhouse.com 

Denver has it's own miniatures museum and I hear it's great!  I want to go visit one of these days.  http://www.dmmdt.com.  They also host two annual miniatures shows...the little one in February, and the HUGE one in early September.

Thanks for the links! Both sound like wonderful places. I had no idea such treasures were so close by.

Deb