So tempted....

Ms. Mini

oh man, my Beacon Hill came in the mail today! :banana: holy cow its a big box!! caleb's eyes poped out of his head when he saw me sliding it in the front door :yes: I know I said i wouldnt start working on it tell the end of the year... but its just SO tempting... I know I have my Emerson Row to finsih and I still need to build my moms Tennyson by September... But this house Im just SO in love with it already...

what do you guys think?

I'm off the bed now to dream about sugar plums and a beacon hill dancing around in my head :banana:

it couldnt hurt to give it a "welcome to your new home" petting :banana:

you cant do it Jenny! you must build Moms house first. you have 2 wonderful peices of your own

yer mums gotta have one toooooooo

if you must... do moms while you do the ER that way you can start the BH earlier.

good luck....its not fun having to wait to do someting yummy coz ya outa ROOM!

is mom gonna decorate the inside? you are just doing the outside and letting her have some fun...yes? if not maybe you should encourage this idea to her! :yes:

I do so enjoy watching you work.

nutti :banana:

Oh dear Jenny. It sounds like you have yourself in a pickle :banana:

I just started on my Beacon Hill a couple weeks ago, which is my first-ever dollhouse. I am so in love with it! Boy are you gonna need a lot of willpower not to completely forget about the rest of your duties and dive in for this one!

In all seriousness, I do agree with nuttiwebgal...there are several ways you can manage the situation to have the best of both worlds. :yes:

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!!!

--Betty

I'd say it depends on how much room you have in your work area....I've seen where folks here are working on multiple houses all at once.

I'm too single-minded...I have to finish one before tackling the other. And I have limited space. But if you've got room...and time to do your mom's house..why not?? :banana:

I'm too single-minded...I have to finish one before tackling the other.

Call me crazy but this is how I am. I guess it's part of my OCD! I have to have the work area cleaned up from the last project before I can "break open" a new one. My BH is getting very impatient with me. I heard it just the other day..."finish that arbor already and open me up" Soon very soon. I can't wait to tackle the BH. Have tons of ideas floating around in my head.

Jenny, I am impressed at how you can manage so many houses at once! You go girl!

I'm the same way, Irene. There is no way I can have more than one house going at the same time. I did try it though, I had the van buren on the diningroom table working on it and then started the White Orchid on the kitchen table. I felt so terribly guilty. Swore to myself that I wouldn't ever do that again. I like to clean up the mess from one house before starting the next too.

But Jenny, if you must take a look at it, I say do it!! I can't wait to see your progress on that one.

Jenny...This is what I would do..

If you have the room, start on your Mom`s house while you also work on the E. Row. Once you get the exterior done on the E. Row, you can slide it aside and build the shell for the Beacon Hill..but still work steadily on your Mom`s dh. Then once your Mom`s house is done, you can slide the E. Row back and work on the interior and work on the Beacon Hill at the same time..

But that is just me.. I am not happy unless there is a bit of chaos going on.

you cant do it Jenny! you must build Moms house first. you have 2 wonderful peices of your own

yer mums gotta have one toooooooo

if you must... do moms while you do the ER that way you can start the BH earlier.

good luck....its not fun having to wait to do someting yummy coz ya outa ROOM!

is mom gonna decorate the inside? you are just doing the outside and letting her have some fun...yes? if not maybe you should encourage this idea to her!

I do so enjoy watching you work.

nutti

ya your right Nutti. I slept on it last night and came up with the same conclusion. No my mom doesnt know about the house its a complete suprise for her bday. And I'm having my 12 year old sister help me work ong it. I'm going to be bashing the tennyson a bit and customizing it for her. I'm going to make it "her" house. I'm going to have 3 bedrooms in it and personally decorate each one to represent my mom, my sister, and I at this point in our lives. So I realy do need to do that house first... I cant be selfish. So maybe after I put the primer on my Emerson row this weekend I will start to build the shell of my moms house... and get it started...

But that is just me.. I am not happy unless there is a bit of chaos going on.

awww yes this is me 2, I for some reason attrack chaos to me like a fly to a bug zapper, :thumb:

Thats a good idea bout finishing the exterior of the Emerson row then putting it aside, i think thats what i am going to do...

everyone thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts!! I knew i could count on all of you!

Here's my thought Jenny :thumb: put the E.R. to the side....start building the Beacon Hill. When you get to a point that you have built it enough to be able to start your Willowcrest fro your mom, put the BH to the side. Then start building your moms house. It's only March 2nd, so you'll have plenty of time :yikes:

That way, when the mood hits you, you have several choices of houses to work on. Believe me, there are soooooooooo many trim pieces to the bh you'll want to keep taking breaks from this house. I'm finally gonna work on my trim pieces again today.

Just don't have 8 projects in the works like i do :yikes: :giggle: