Hello from Philadelphia!

LynnieEP

Hi everyone! My name is Lynne and I'm very happy to be here! I built my first dollhouse (Arthur or Fairfield I think...whichever one was 1/2 scale) back in '84 I believe. My girlfriend got me interested in the hobby as she was doing it as a sort of therapy. A couple years later I ventured on to the Pierce. It was just a shell and I sold it to a friend. Since then I've gotten away from the hobby but now I'm back and very excited about it! Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought a Duracraft house in '95 (Farmhouse) and haven't touched it. I opened the box a few weeks ago and everything is intact, nothing broken. B)

One of my dear friends has been dying for a dollhouse and asked me to build one for her. Of course I chose the Pierce. For some crazy reason I'm almost scared to dig in. I have the kit, paint, glue...the whole nine yards and I want to get started ASAP. I think since she wants the house painted and electrified I've been procrastinating on getting started. I've read the instructions over and over, read others' tips for painting and electrifying but it seems everyone does things differently.

Anyway, long story short, I wish this forum had been around in the '80's! :D

I'm ready to dig in and get started on the Pierce and then onto the Duracraft Farmhouse (I hope it's okay to ask questions here about Duracraft). If not, please let me know.

I've looked at a few of the members' slideshows and the houses are just to die for!!! I hope that my dollhouse will be a work of art just like the ones I've seen here!

In closing, I'm very very happy to be here! :D

LynnieEP

Welcome LynnieEP! Don't procrastinate any longer! We're here to help! :D

You can talk about Dura-Craft products and ask questions under "Questions About a Particular House" and then the 'Dura-Craft' subforum. I'm sure there are lots of people to help you out!

Most questions are pretty much related to any type of dollhouse so you'll find lots of inspiration and help here! If you need inspiration to get started have a look at Kim's webshots (new member from Minnesota). She's been working ona Pierce and it's absolutely wonderful!

Good Luck and don't wait another day!! B)

Welcome, LinnieEP, You may ask questions about any house you care to build. I have built the Dura-Craft San Franciscan (got me addicted to this hobby) and the Cambridge and I have a Newburg still in the box. I have also built several Buttercups (Corona) and a few Greenleafs.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I've spent the last couple of hours checking out the slideshows, reading thru posts on the forum, and then I took a short break, went back into my sanctuary, got my worktable covered, and tomorrow is my day to get started on the Pierce! :D

I did look at Kim's slideshow of the Pierce! It looks wonderful! Just looking at the work that she did is more than enough inspiration for me to dig in! I don't know what I'm afraid of because I jumped right in 20 odd years ago and built two dollhouses! Tomorrow's my big day! Wish me luck! I've got pad and pencil on my worktable to jot down questions for the forum.

Thank you all so much for the big hearty welcome!

LynnieEP

Tomorrow's my big day! Wish me luck!

Go for it! Even our worst "oopsies" are learning experiences and grow our skills at problem-solving. Sometimes you don't have to jot down your questions, whilt the glue or paint dries I often run in to spend a few minutes on the 'puter to ask.

Of course I wish you luck! :D

Welcome to our forum.

This is a great hobby -- remember to have fun -- don't worry about the mistakes -- we all make them and fix them (or hide them :D )!

Ask any questions about any houses including scratch-built houses.

B)

Tomorrow's my big day!  Wish me luck!  I've got pad and pencil on my worktable to jot down questions for the forum.

Hi Lynnie. I'm Deb and eagerly awaiting the news of how your first day went with the Pierce. I think there are quite a few of us who are new to minis and are at the same starting point with a Pierce. <handing you a sword and trumpet> Lead the way dear!!! :(

Deb