petitpoint

CatColorado

Thank you everyone :D I can stitch up to 54 count without magnification, I tried 72 count (to use in 1/2" scale) but while I can see the holes it's not an enjoyable process. One of these days I need to invest in some mag-eyes and some finer threads, part of my problem maybe from using thread that is too thick.

Nutti, join the the Petitpointers group on Yahoo. There is an abundance of information for all skill levels, free patterns, lots of eye candy, and it is a very active list. If you join soon, you can participate in the thread swap. The sign up deadline for the thread swap is the 16th of September.

I bought my silk threads online as well as the gauze. The gauze I buy from Bobbie of Micro-Stitchery( http://www.micro-stitchery.com/ ). I can get some threads locally but I can't remember where. I just bought threads from Kreinik's online shop. Not everyone likes Kreinik silks but they look very nice on the 48 count.

I haven't posted my pillow pictures on the petitpoint site because I'm embarrassed. They are really good over there! Nice people though B)

Aw Holly, I was being serious. B) You should SEE some of the work they do, really outstanding stuff. Thank you for the support though :D . I guess it's just like anything, the more you do it, the better you become. Once I finish this pillow top, I have another pattern I want to try.

Thanks Karen! Yeah, they do some beautiful and complex designs in that group and their stitches (as a whole) are all so pristine. I need to work on keeping my tension even, it doesn't show in the photo but the surface is quite lumpy. I think I will stitch this design a couple more times in different colors just to practice my tension. Can't have too many pillows, right? :D

Cat, another trick to try is to let your needle hang down every few stitches & untwist (I give the needle a half-turn after every stitch as I'm stabbing down for the next) so the floss will lay flat. If you use a fairly short thread you won't get fraying from abrasion through the needle's eye.

• 1 year later...

Looks beautiful!!! I've done some stitching and plan to do some for my dh. Nothing as tiny as you are using, I don't think. Tanks for the links I will check them out as well. As fars as what Holly said she is right! Your work is great, and if you are still fairly new you can;t be a** good as the people that have been at it for many years.

Whoa, this is an old thread :thumb: . I did eventually finish that pillow.

post-22-1161121175.jpg

Holly's spectacular rug with matching chair seats has renewed my interest in a rug I started way back. I'm going to dig it out today and see what I can accomplish.

Whoa, this is an old thread :) . I did eventually finish that pillow.

post-22-1161121175.jpg

Holly's spectacular rug with matching chair seats has renewed my interest in a rug I started way back. I'm going to dig it out today and see what I can accomplish.

GREAT work! Love that pillow and right now I am trying very hard not to let that embroidery bug bite me too bad as I need to get some ohter things done first...

Hugs

Thank you! Should I hold off posting my rug pictures so you are not tempted further? :wave:

Don't you dare holding out on us!!!! :wave: I did take half an hour today and sat down with the Christmas rug I am doing for my Santa's house, felt good!!! :wave:

Hugs

Let me finish the border and then I will post a picture. It doesn't look like much yet, but hopefully that will change soon.

Thanks! I imagine I'll be needing new glasses soon, especially if I keep stitching at such tiny counts :)

Oh good, looking forward to that Cat! I too think that the border sorts of frames it and gives a whole new look to it, it is sort of "done" when it gets in place.

Now I am getting even more curious LOL and that is a good thing, curiosity peaks the inspiration!!!!

Hugs