Working on my Orchid

Peachie

I'm working on the Orchid and its moving slow but I'm enjoying. :yes: ...I've dry fitted and now I'm putting the wall paper in. :yikes: ....I would like to have it done by May I'm doing it for my mom for mother's day :wub: .....she doesn't know it yet.....I would post some pics but I'm having a time getting them to download.....but I will figure it out....I just haven't had time....where we haven't had school in almost a month I've been babysitting.....come June we will have a new addition to the family :) ....its a boy..... :banana:

Congratulations! How wonderful... boys are great! I have so much fun with mine. And he is brainwashed to love dollhouses, too. I figure that will last until about Kindergarten, when he figures out it's "girl stuff", but I'm enjoying it while it lasts :)

I would post some pics but I'm having a time getting them to download
I finally figured out how to resize mine in our "Paint" program so they load better, my problem was that they were too big (too many pixels).

:) this seems to be the year for grandbabies!

I have so much fun with mine. And he is brainwashed to love dollhouses, too. I figure that will last until about Kindergarten, when he figures out it's "girl stuff", but I'm enjoying it while it lasts :)

I would not be to sure about him loosing intrest. My son is almost 17 and has asked me to build him a castle. Also last night he brought 4 friends over to play on the Wii game system. Right now I only have the in progress Garfield in the house on a table. He told all of his friends about all of my house and bragged to them that they even had electricity and the lights lit up. Your son may pretend to not like them and suprise you one day and become a miniaturist himself.

Melissa

Hi

I gave my Orchid away as a gift to my sister for Christmas. I really enjoyed building that house. You should be done my May I found it to be a quick build. Oh and Congrats on the future new baby!

The dog was gift.....I got her the year my son went to college I missed him so much so that is how I ended up with my Meka...... I've had her for almost 10 years.....she is such a sweet baby and adorable.....everyone has her spoiled...will be working on the Orchid later today.....going to try and finish the wall paper.....then glue it.....my mom said she can't wait till I get it together.....she hasn't a clue its for her.....it is such a fun house to work on......and its going together good....its me that is the slow one.....my nieces are so happy they are having a baby brother.....

I love the colors!

Your baby is sweet

thank you Jeni...

These builds take however long they take, no one's in a race, I hope!

I always say I have a life time to get it done....hopefully later today I will get some of it glued.....I'm being lazy today...lol....nascar race is on today and I'm a big fan of it.....last I was at the Daytona 500 and enjoyed every minute of it.....

hi, Peachie, great to hear from you, as always. i love that photo in the avatar - she's been there before, hasn't she? i'm glad Jen asked-- and thank you for sharing her puppy story. my Katz help keep me from feeling too much like an Empty Nester, so i sure can relate about Meka.

hey, you made the photo attachment work! those colors and windows are going to make the house look really warm and pretty. :wub: What a GREAT surprise gift, your mother will be so pleased and honored.

your work, and everyone's comments here are encouraging me to think more about getting an Orchid. i've been holding out for Lily, but maybe .....

and-- happy new nephew!!!! it sounds as though he'll have a throng of admirers. i know you'll enjoy spoiling him. babies are such joy. ;)

I finally figured out how to resize mine in our "Paint" program so they load better, my problem was that they were too big (too many pixels).

:wub: this seems to be the year for grandbabies!

Aww congrats!

I had my grandbaby last september (LOL well my daughter did that is! )....it was hard for me in a way as I turned 40 AND became a grandma in the same year! Talk about future shock! Yes, I am a young grandma. LOL I had my duaghter at 20 and she had her daughter at 21.

God I love that kid tho! She is awesome! She is walking and starting to talk..well more like jibber jabber but that is okay cuz that is all I do too most of the time LOL

ginger -- isn't it all so wonderful!?! it's such a marvel, watching and sharing the journey.

peachie, you'll have such a grand time cuddling and playing with the new little one, wheee!

havana -- no worries. i'm saving for the Lily so a diversion would delay things further. but i'll get there, i'm just infatuated with Lily and will get to meet that house one day. i'm hoping that the tax refund fairies will be kind.

hopefully I will get the floor done today downstairs.....this is a wonderful house to work on.....I did post a pic of it and put some in the gallery....give me your opinion on the colors and if you like them.... :)

First, congratulations on your new little family addition!

And I love the colours you have choosen, the give such a warm feeling inside when looking at. Can't wait to see and hear about the progress with this one, it is sooooo much fun to build a house/scene for a particular someone, it sort of shows the extra care and love that goes into such a creation somehow.

Hugs