Houseboat in half scale

KathieB

KNOW you were serious. That's what sent me rolling on the floor .
It's your own fault for turning a frog's house into such a mansion! BTW, if anyone could do a bangup job on those froggies, you're the one!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well, back to the boatyard! Ceiling of the lower deck has been electrified and put in place, and I've started assembling some of the furniture kits. Working in half-inch scale with real-life size fingers is certainly a challenge!

More detailed photos in my blog.

Well you are certainly doing an amazing job on your houseboat!

I LOVE all of the little details!

its to bad we didnt live closer because I know of this place that would be perfect for taking photos of our houseboats.

I am going to take mine there. but mine cannot compare to the amazing downscaling you have done to yours!

simply FAB!

nutti :)

Thanks, everyone.

Nutti, there is a nice little lake at the Hab Center in Marshall for the houseboat shots. There are some docks where, with the right angle, I think it will look as if the boat is floating.

But I also want pics of it with the lights on. Getting this together in four pictures to represent the full scope of this project is going to be a lot harder than the Mardi Gras float, by a long shot!

Tonight I worked on furniture kits. The master bedroom bed and table have been stained. The rocker has been assembled and stained, needs a padded seat. Boy's room furniture is wood, laser cut ... very precisely cut, nice ... but still a challenge to put together as it's so small.

<taking off hat to those who work on 1/4" and smaller scales!>

Boy's furniture will be shabby chic white with red stars and blue lines for accent. Pieces in plastic are for a nightstand that matches the dresser ... with even smaller drawers!

Thanks, Peachie. Now when I look at 1:12 scale stuff, it seems humongous!

Havana Holly asked in a blog comment where I found the 1:24 furniture kits. At the Bishop Show in Chicago this past spring. I went there totally focused on finding half-inch scale stuff, and find it I did. ;)

Progress recorded in the BLOG.

The circular stairway to the top deck is in place and so is the harem screen between the master cabin and the ballroom. Still need to add handrail to the stairs. There is another frame to go on the ballroom side of the screen.

Ooo, I can imagine little sections of jewelry chain linking those spiral stair balusters together! What kind of fancy railing are you planning to use on the second floor balcony above the ballroom? And the ballroom is simply awesome! I can imagine a state-of-the art sound system housed on the balcony, maybe "heavy" velvet portieres over the doorway on the balcony side.

The state of the art sound system will most likely be a couple or three musicians. I'm planning little gilt chairs for them to sit in. :lol:

Haven't decided on the balcony railing yet. Am mulling a couple of ideas.

Oh my, another eye candy feas tto come and visit, THANK you for that!!! Though I would have needed a drool protection warning before visitng and browsing the new pics LOL

It is looking absolutley wonderful! And Holly, crickets could play all day with out even touching the instuments :lol:

Perhaps add a Dragonfly lady hodling the tune as well....

Hugs

Ooo, a blue damselfly doll dressed in a slinky neon blue dress to match her tail-tip and big blue faceted beads for her eyes! How neat!

Oh yes!!! One can almost imagine the bullfrogs going for a wolf whistle there.... :)

Hugs

Now, now, ladies ... let's not get carried away. :) There are children in the house, you know.

LOL, I am somehow pretty sure that the grown up "kids" will behave worse thant the age-wise kids in this case :wave: Sorry 'bout that dear gents' around here ;)

Hugs

I've posted several photos of the progress of the past few days in my blog. The decoration of the middle deck is coming together. The hallway is papered in yellow and the hall light sconce is installed. The boy's room is done in scrapbook paper blue with patriotic trim. The nursery paper is a bit busy, I think; it may not last until Reveal Day. The Master Cabin looks great with its soft green leafy wallpaper and the harem screen in place. My favorite part of the decorating on this level, however, is the bathroom!

It was going to be basic blue/white with Delft tiles set into the walls, but when it was staged, it looked pretty blah. I took a painting entitled "Fire on Water" done by one of Lloyd's artist friends, printed it as it was painted and in mirror image, butted the two prints in the center of the back wall. It's no longer blah! :) Not sure what the floor covering will be. The blue/white checked tile really doesn't cut it with the mural.