Fabric Glue vs Tacky Glue

kellee

Ok, I have been trying to make the little round tables.. and I got it figured out.. but I cant seem to get the hem looking decent at the bottom. So I was wondering if Fabric glue is better to use than tacky glue for the hem.? I used Tacky glue and it made it very stiff at the bottom... Will the fabric glue make it stiff as well? Or should I even do a hem?.. or just put fray check around the bottom, and put a thin piece of craft ribbon along the bottom... I want it to look like a finished bottom.

any ideas?

I really appreciate any help...

Thank You

Kelly

I use tacky glue on fabric, but that was because it was what I had at the time. It does stiffen the fabric, so I don't think it would give the tablecloth fabric the 'fall' that you desire. Unless you can perma ruffle it a little around the bottom. Sorry, not much help. I do look forward to seeing some pics though.

Thank You very all much... I am going to just use the fray check and put the thin ribbon around it. I cant find really thin eyelet lace so I will just do the thin craft ribbon,It wont be fancy but it will be more finished looking.!

Heidi, How is your back? Hope you are feeling better today.!

Mini Hugs

Kelly

I would go with the fraycheck and ribbon. You may also want to look into fusable web. You just iron it in place and it will not yellow like glue.

Would the fusible web work for a hem of less than 1/4", making the hem was the hardest part... I really got frustrated with it...

Thank You,