Hi!

tappy

Hi! I am another new member! I have loved minis since I can't-remember-when! When I was a kid, I was fascinated with "The Borrowers" and "The Littles" and their little mini worlds! Wierd kid, huh?!

I currently have 4 dollhouses--A "Tiffany" that I got fifteen years ago--mostly finished (needs some remodeling--looking forward to that!), a "Bellingham Farmhouse"--shell mostly complete, and two in the box--Shadybrook Cabin (just bought) and a Brimbles Mercantile that I found at a consignment shop this spring. Time seems to be my biggest challenge when it comes to the minis! I have purchased "supplies" for some of my houses (wallpaper, flooring, etc.), but just can't seem to get anything done! I am really excited about this website--everyone has such enthusiasm & really wonderful houses & projects--thank you all for sharing!--you are really inspiring me to find time and get working!

I saw the "Bash a Buttercup" contest and thought it might be what I need--a project with a deadline!...And working on something that I know everyone else is working on sounded like fun! But if I come home with one more dollhouse, I may be in trouble! Maybe I can sneak it in!?!!

;) Welcome to the board, Tappy! I'm looking forward to doing another buttercup, too. I want to turn mine into a little country church. Luckly, the Buttercup come in a fairly small box. You can probably sneak it in the house inside a briefcase or large bag! :)

Welcome tappy, The secret to getting away with another dh kit is as soon as you get it in the house immediately slip it into the stack with the other kits; then your SO will be less inclined to notice ("How many of those kits did you have, anyway?") ;)

I tend to agree with havanaholly, what ever it is, another mag, another kit, more fabric or lace or ribbons, just add it to the pile, DH never notices a new mag, he thinks it's been sitting on the coffee tabvle for weeks, i just make sure is always one there, and if the cover if diffrent then he has not said, same applys to kits, i always have one on the go, so another one being started os noting new.

these are only littel things tho' I am thinking of ways to sneak another under his nose, and tell him its been sitting on my shelf for a year, I just decided to have a change and move it !!

then again, maybe they do notice, they just keep qiute for an easy life

te he!!!

;)

Welcome tappy! I'm looking forward to the Buttercup contest too. I just purchased one from Ebay and can't wait for it to arrive!!! ;)

You'll find lots of inspiration and information on this website. Can hardly wait to see your pictures!!

Hi! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I am really lo-tech, I don't have a computer at home, so I have to wait til my work lunch/breaks or go to the library to respond! I don't have a digital camera, so it will take a while to photograph & post pictures! At this point there is not a lot to see, but you have inspired me to get busy!

Thank you for all of the wonderful tips on how to sneak stuff in! There is nothing like being enabled, oops, I mean empowered!! lol ...I did buy a Buttercup over the weekend--the box is small!!--but I haven't opened it yet...

Brimbles is going to have to wait a bit...I think I want to make it a bridal boutique or a millener's shop; but first the little Buttercup! If the contest is a go, I will need to start now if I am going to make the spring deadline...too much responsibility in my other life!!

Have a great day!!

Tappy