Ms. Mini

How to make fake water?

Clear Caulk for windows sold at walmart for less than $3 works great as fake water. it even levels itself out.

That is what Ladybug uses for water! I have not yet because I am too chicken :) :)

hmmm thats a good idea too! so many choices! im so excited!!

Clear Caulk for windows sold at walmart for less than $3 works great as fake water. it even levels itself out.

welp thats what i got at target today :) i big tube of window and door caulk *clear* so im gonna test it out tonight and see what i think.. i'll post pictures later :)

Wow these are great ideas!!! I was looking for the same thing and was pointed out to this topic. Thanks for all the geat tips!!!!

That is what Ladybug uses for water! I have not yet because I am too chicken :) :yes:

That's where I got the tip from. I met Ladybug at a miniature show in Atlanta a few years ago and bought some caulk from her then misplaced it (I had left it in the paper bag in my kits box) so I went to walmart to buy a new tube. I have yet to open the tube from ladybug but i've used the walmart buy.

Does anyone know how to make faux milk, orange juice, tea etc. in the plastic miniature glasses.

Thank you!

I use 5 minute epoxy, the two part stuff and mix in a dab of acrylic paint for non opaque liquids like milk, OJ, tea or coffee with cream. For clear liquids I use food coloring and/or alcohol ink. If using food coloring to make black (really brown) coffee, I mix red and green drops in a medicine cup until it looks dark brown on a toothpick, then I just swirl into the 2 part epoxy as I mix it. I've had great luck using this method for pie fillings (just add no hole beads to the resin/dye mixture) and a number of liquids for my Starbucks build. I was also successful using the dyed resin to pour into silicone molds for colored bottles.