Heart Arbor Contest 2007

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welllll, now that will be fun I am sure, and you know you can always put that guilt trip on him later on "you told me to send in that one when I thought this one, I need to get a mini to console me" kind of deal LOL :wave:

Hugs and good luck!!!!

Ohh I like your thinking :lol:

Wonder if that would work on other things....

Also I got an email too about shipping and getting another box to boot!!!

I know its double shipping for you guys at Greenleaf but getting multiple packages will keep my husband on his toes. hehe

I can see it now - DH says how much did you buy on the web rofl

I feel kinda sorry for our Greenleaf friends....first they gave us an EXCELLENT price on the little arbor, and added free shipping...so they already are losing any profit...and then they goof and have to ship double....OUCH!

Guess this means we'll have to be even MORE creative and pay them back with eye candy...

Didn't get mine today...but I'm sure the two shipments will get here eventually....

I'd like to again apologize to everyone that received half their order. I have sent an email to all those who were affected. As I mentioned in the email, we were all very excited about the contest and got a little ahead of ourselves. Heidi was nice enough to bring this to our attention and we moved fast to correct the problem. There should only be an additional day until the remainders of your orders arrive, so hopefully it won’t be too much of an inconvenience. We all feel terrible about it here at Greenleaf and hope it won’t put a damper on the contest.

Thanks for your understanding!

Dean

We all feel terrible about it here at Greenleaf and hope it won’t put a damper on the contest.

Dean

Dean, thanks for having this contest for us in the first place....and for providing the kits at such an cheap price.

I can personally say that it's not a big deal at all to me that you had to send out the other half of the order...I actually feel bad for you guys, the extra work...and for YOUR part - the extra expense.

Thanks again for doing this for us in the first place! It by no means bothers me at all...I'm VERY excited about this contest! I know I won't win, but it motivates me to actually do a certain project that I have had in my head for the past couple of years! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marg

Dean you could never damper our spirits!! we are just so happy that you and greenleaf are so wonderful to put on such a wonderful contest in the first place! im so sorry your ending up having to pay double shipping. like osmeone else said we will make it up to you by making your heart arbors proud and give you lots of eye candy!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!! :lol:

You are all getting your kits ALREADY!!!!! :wave:

I will never catch up...like someone else said here, for stuff to come into Canada I never expect it to take less than three weeks!!! Guess I have lots of preplanning to do so that I can go into overdrive when the kits do get here.

I picked up a few things today.Wish I had a craft store but, amazing how the grocery stores all suddenly look different when you are looking with a mini eye. I even had my DH chiming in "what about this for that?" :yes:

Build on my friends..hope to join you soon!!

Awwwww *bearhugs* to the non-US folks who have to wait longer for the fun to start :lol: . At least by the time they come, your ideas will have had time to percolate, and I bet it's one of you (like you lumberjacksgurl!!!!) who ends up winning! Mine are ordered and I'm looking forward to playing! and I second your sentiment, Greg!

oh yes! one thing i forgot to mention earlier today... i LOVE the magnets that came with the arbor kits!! SOOO cute!! they are hanging on my fridge!! everytime i go to the fridge i get a big smile on my face because i see greenleaf houses!!

great idea!! love it!!

I got my first package yesterday. Husband got home before me and hid it so I'd find it when i went to the pantry to feed the dogs. WEEEEEE

haha little does he know 'm getting another package.

No complaints here it actually gives me time to think. Cause I really know how tall and wide it will be so when I go to the craft store this morning I can get some _____ and some ______ .

Good morning Greenleaf Family!

I am okay with having to wait too. I already got alot of work done on the first half of the arbor..(now that I am laid up, I wonder if I can continue)

Your welcome Dean and Greenleaf. I have a very early mail delivery time and I opened that box within minutes of getting it. I am glad I was able to be a far away inventory control officer.. :ohyeah:

Im so excited! I got my arbor built! glad i ordered 2 kits :ohyeah: oo this is gonna be SO fun..!! after the miniature show today im going to go to Michaels and use my 40 percent off coupon to get the goodies i need!!!

BTW the kit is VERY easy to assemble! LOVE IT!!

Thanks Dean, Tracy, and Greenleaf! your the best :wave:

It is sooo much fun hearing the joy you all feel when receiving the kit, and I am soooo looking forward to this, I have my idea I am "building" in my mind's eye and I will enjoy building this one for sure!!!!

This is such a great idea, getting all our mini-energy/ideas ficused together!!! Is someone blogging their build by the way? I think it would be so nice to be able (afterwards afcourse LOL) to see all work put into this arbor, so even if you don't want to share while building please take lots and lots of :ohyeah: s so that we all can see how you did what you did, pretty please??? :wave:

Hugs

I'm so excited about this project. Last night I sat up late (too excited to go to sleep), and laid out my plans and colours. I then ordered in any supplies that I need to complete my entry.

Thank you Greenleaf for giving ample time for us to put our entries together. Greenleaf is always quick at getting our mail orders to us quickly, but other suppliers aren't always that quick to mail.

It's so uplifting to have this special mini to work on.

THANK YOU for the fun and excitement that this contest is generating. With the weather outside being frightful right now, this contest couldn't be more welcome.

-Susanne

Good idea Anna, it didn't occur to me to take pictures of my progress! I've got some prop work to do and some material testing before working on the actual arbor, so arrival time in the mail isn't a big deal here. I'm sorry to here about having to ship a second shipment cost. First the computer bugs on Friday the 13th and now this? When will Murphy be kind to you guys!?!?! :wave:

What's the phrase: No good deed goes unpunished....

However, I'm with everyone else, I intend to make something entertaining for the contest. I hope the enjoyment of getting the contest entries makes the work and expense for you guys worth every bit!

I've got a great idea I've started this weekend. Here's hoping it turns out!

Jen