hi to all

dollshousegirl

hello everyone, just found this forum today, I am loving looking at the photos :o and don't know where to start with reading the posts

I really really want a Glencroft, and a fairfield, think I will get the glencroft first, but once I have been to Miniatura, i can start saving for a Glencroft. I really like the cottage style of house and having built my first house(cobweb cottage), from scratch and no plans, from MDf last year, I find its not hitting the spot, the glencroft has all the nooks and crannies I tried to get in my MDF cottage. So that is what i am aiming for at the moment

Sooooo............. does anyone know where I can get a Glencroft from, fairly cheap in the UK, I have looked at the one in hobbys and it is £98, I think it is a bit of a swizz, as the $$ transfer to about £60, but then obviously I have to think about pastage from the US, can't winn really !!! but it is still on my agenda (cobweb cottage 2) you can see the 1st cobweb cottage here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dp.grice/my_miniatures.htm

I am looking forward to Miniatura, will probably get a few things to go in my Glencroft.......... (when I get it)

Sally

Welcome to our Forum

Im so glad you found us.

I enjoyed looking through your cobweb cottage photos.

very nice. and the story of your friends tudor ghost...I found touching.

I do so hope you get your Glencroft...I just finished mine not to long ago now it waits for furnishings.

nutti :o

thanks for the welcome, once i get my Glencroft (It will be called Cobweb Cottage and all the furnishings and stuff will go in there straight from the first Cobweb Cottage.

I loved the ghost story too, me and my mum both cried, its great what our miniaturists minds dream up isn't it !!

do any of you have stories madde up about your houses and the residents in there. come on do tell !!!

Welcome Dollhousegirl!! I LOVE your cobweb cottgae!! It looks wonderful! I also like you 1/2" scale house that you have in your albums! Yeah, the Glencroft is truly a wonderful house. It was a very nice build for me.

Do you have more pictures of your screte garden??

Hi, Sally, and welcome to the forum. Have you tried Ebay for your Glencroft? Sometimes Half-Off.Com has Greenleaf kits very cheap.

I'm finishing up a Glencroft that wants to be a pub and has bee lots of fun to build, I even built some of it while we were on a nearly 3-month road trip, took it out from under the camper trailer bed to work on it.

Welcome, Sally! I enjoyed looking through your albums. I especially like the tea room. I hope to one day do the Glencroft as a tea house! Be sure to check out the 'Blogs'. Some members here built it and blogged about their experiences. Lots of good information and inspiration!

I also would look on Ebay. Another good place is 'miniatures.com'. Very reasonably priced and with the exchange it would probably be less expensive for you. Don't know about shipping though . . .

My husband and I were in England a few years ago for a vacation. LOVED IT! I keep pestering him to move there, but to no avail as yet! We're planning on another trip there in the next year or two and would like to visit Scotland on that trip.

Take care and good luck with your Glencroft! Be sure to keep us updated!! :o

Tracey i will take soem more pictures of the secret garden, i've been meaning to update my site for a while now, have some newer piccys of cobweb.

It was your Glencroft that really inspired me, i was looking at your webshots the other day, I love how you have done the inside of yours, its perfect

havanaholly i have looked on ebay, but there are none in the UK, and most of the USA listings only ship within the states, i am not ready to buy yet, so I will keep looking What is half-off.com, I just got a listing with book sites

MiniMadWoman, I keep looking on miniatures. com too, I may well go for it and order in the next few weeks, to hell with the shipping cost !!!!

my tea rooms has lost my interest also, I am looking at getting rid of the bits that go with that, to make room for my Glencroft. The only other house i have kept and not given away etc is the white and blue 1/24th house on my site, I think it's because i love 1/24th, and I really like the open backed houses too as oppse to the english ones with opening front doors. i like the way a room looks like a room brecause off the windows, the english houses are just boxes (no character)

you know its' funny you coming to the Uk on vacation and wanting to stay, we came to the USA on vacation and want to stay, we went to florida and have been back twice since, we are just now planning and saving for our next trip (if we could hide somewhere andd not come back we would !!!)

Sally, you know what they say . . . the grass is always greener! I'm originally from Canada. My husband and I moved to Wisconsin about five years ago. We really love it here, but my heart has always been for England and all things English . . . especially scones and cream!! :o

Teresa, We spent a month in French Canada & NB last year & LOVED it! However we don't "do" winters or a lot of COLD weather and came back home to FL :o

Sally, please leave Cobweb Cottage alone & use the Glencroft for something else, your little cottage is so unique!

Welcome, Sally! I, too, long for a Glencroft eventually. I have a few other things I want to do first. One of these days....... Anyway, the longer you wait - the longer you have for planning! :o I've been waiting a while to start another Buttercup and I have BIG plans for it. I loved all of your pictures of your dollhouses. Thank you so much for sharing them!

Karen

thanks everyone for the great welcome, I know when I come to build my glencroft. I'll have lots of tips and help on here

L pullen the horse is a china one, don't think its any particular make, i got him from Miniatura last year for 50p cos he had a chip on his leg, we call him Caramel, and he belongs to a little girl who has popped into cobeweb cottage for a slice of her Grandmas victoria sponge at the end of her pony hack, so i need a trendy grandama and a 10 year old girl in her riding clothes. :o I will have to keep an eye out for sutiable dolls at Miniatura

Holly, that's a very pretty part of Canada. I would like to get to Prince Edward Island (Anne of Green Gable's) and in and around that area. I hear it's spectacular. I know what you mean about the cold!! It's getting too much for me and I still have to live through winters here in Wisconsin!! :o

Welcome Sally! The Cobweb Cottage is wonderful.

I hope you get a Glencroft. I built one about a year ago and it was great fun. I bashed it a bit to give it a little more room inside, but it still looks like a Glencroft.

;)