9/6/05 Question Of The Day

Minis On The Edge

Every day, we will start having a "Question Of The Day". Some will be mini relevent. Some may be inspired to create a mini scene based off the question of the day.

Todays' question is:

Julius Caesar was assassinated on what well-known month, date, and year?

Tracy,

Cant wait to see pictures of your Egyptian room box. Or are they posted somewhere already? I've been wanting to make one of those since day one of miniatures. Still have my mummy that I made (an experiment in polymer lol) but no sarcoghogus.. no case for him (darn my spelling). Have you seen the the issue of AM where a gal did a pegasus? Perigne I think it was called? I forget the title of the scene but I think it was also grecian though it could have been roman. wow, a grecian scene would be awsomely cool too!

- David

Tracey your egyptian scene sounds great, and so does the Grecian. There are so many possibilities with one like that...my egyptian scene is still waiting for that special spark...I have put it on hold......I wanted to do that bath scene, from the movie Cleopatra, which was cool, a milk bath, and all the fans, etc. I couldn't decide between Cleopatra's bath, or the Library of Alexandria, which was burned when the Romans invaded. There are some wonderful Grecian stories, I love that type of scene, simply from the historical point of view.

In one of the past issues of DHM, Rainbow Hand did a fabulous setting of Cleopatra's boudoir, and a Moroccan type of setting. I love his work, simply awesome. I believe it was in the April issue.