YAY

Kalygirl

Eric and I started working on it last weekend and we've gotten more work done today *happy dance* The shell is together and it actually looks like a house! Pictures are in my gallery, just for the heck of it, and now we are off to work on staircases, happy happy joy joy :lol:

Hi Jen,

You're BH is looking great, isn't it exciting!

We started the Beacon Hill too...I think we're each at about the same step--- I just finished staining the stairs tonite ! Going to work on them tomorrow... I just ordered the Conservatory Thursday, I think that's the room I most look forward to decorating!

Do you have colors picked out? My daughters wanted pink, but I think we're going with a darker pink color...almost a burgundy...hard to describe, I picked out the color and got some of those "to go " samples at Sherwin williams, put it turned out lighter than I expected, so we might be going back to the store....

Good luck :blink:

Cathy

It is looking great, Jen. It must be so nice to have someone to help. My dh just lets me go work on mine and sees it as time to get his things in order. I figured since he liked building ship models he might like to help, but he only helps if there is something I can't do by myself or if I need tools.

• 3 months later...

Ok, so things have changed just a wee bit...Lady McBeacon has gone all regal on us and has decided that we are not nearly experienced enough to complete her as she wishes, and we are certainly not worthy of handling any of her parts.....so she has graciously stepped aside for the Orchid instead, which I've been playing with for the past few days. I already know that it's going to be a Healer's cottage modeled after my favorite character in one of the Valdemar trilogies (by Mercedes Lackey) and I've been keeping my eyes peeled for just the right furniture and goodies. I guess maybe it's a good thing to get experience on a smaller house (and one I got cheeeeep during an AC Moore 50% off sale) and later on we can do Lady McBeacon in all her glory. Pictures coming soon, as soon as Thelma decides which ones she likes the best :groucho:

has decided that we are not nearly experienced enough to complete her as she wishes, and we are certainly not worthy of handling any of her parts

ohhhhh I know how you are feeling.

my Grandville did that to me. but everyonce in awhile he perks up and says...hey I want what you did there on me. so ideas still perkalating but free to work on other things till my skill level is enough to satisyfy Mr FancyPants!

The Orchid and the other smaller houses are definatly the ones to practice all of the wonderful tips and techniques found on this forum!

nutti :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...