An organized work area

KathieB

QUOTE(Ms. Mini @ Jan 22 2007, 10:33 AM)

Congrats on your new workspace!! when caleb built my work bench/craft room for xmas it changed my whole attitude with mini making! its so nice to have your own space that is clean, organized, and roomie!!! great work!

Aside from not being able to find anything or have a place to put anything, it was your workspace renovation that inspired me to get my own space organized. That and a major case of cabin fever during the ice and snow storms.

I'm so glad i could inspire you kathie!! :blink: it really does change the whole "mood" of mini building with an organized area!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness! What a construction zone! It brings to mind the chorus from "Old McDonald Had a Farm" with a little editing:

;) " ... with a house house here and a house house there, here a house, there a house, everywhere a house, house ..." :(

*snort* Ok that was just milk out my nose and all over the cat, thanks a lot Kathie!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Marg -

You're getting along really well with your houses! Your work areas are so nice and tidy too. How's your hand feeling? Is it still terribly sore?

It's actually a good idea to have more than one house being built at the same time. You could keep busy while glue is drying.

-Susanne

*snort* Ok that was just milk out my nose and all over the cat, thanks a lot Kathie!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

LOL; look at it this way Jen, the kitty might feel veeery refreshed after several hours of grooming taking care of that delicious white stuff.....

:D And must to admit snickering a bit myself and even started humming along :yikes:

Hugs

Oh, Jen! The pictures of your shop have my fingers itching to help! How lucky you are to have a whole little building to yourself. Just a little more organizing and you won't want ever to leave it!

TIP: Sort everything so like items are together. All the glue in one box, all the tape in another, etc.

(I'm still working on this one. Need to sort out little areas within the overall organization. Fabric storage, those little bits of cloth that you don't want to throw away but which get lost with bigger bits, are my biggest buggaboo at the moment.)

OH Jenn....I am SO GREEN!!!!!! :blink:

HI Kathie,

Thanks for getting me inspired to organize my work area. I worked on it yesterday for 2 hours and it looks so nice. I'm going away next week and when I come back I want to start my BH. Now it's all clean and waiting for me to make it a mess again. ;)

OKOKOKOK....... am off to the basement to tidy up. I am going to start the Ikea greenhouse and my first endeavors of homemade minis for it.

I was actually going to start building right up here in the kitchen but you have all shamed me into cleaning up my act so to speak so guess I will mom clean the main floor of the house while Izzy is sleeping and clean my play area later tonight after she goes night night like a good mommy.......

Ughhhhh...real life interferring with mini world AGAIN :D

ooo I love to get it all clean and organised!

its one of the things I love about a new project! the clean work area before you open the box!

nutti :)

Call me weird but I just can't start a new project if anothers' house mess is there. Has to start out clean! :D

Call me weird but I just can't start a new project if anothers' house mess is there. Has to start out clean! :D

nope cant do that....I call it "nutti" :thumb:

It has to be clean. nothing left of the old to give the new any ideas!

I dont care what the house says... sometimes Im gonna have MY way!

have fun while you are away...look forward to the BH photos....hey Kathy what are you working on.

nutti :)

hey Kathy what are you working on.

nutti :D

We have a few Kathie/Kathy's here, but in the off chance you were addressing me ...

I'm working on the Rabbit Habitat and the Adams General Store. Not much to show photo-wise, but a fair amount of research and planning going on. Making furniture for both projects. Bought flowers, Easter items for the RH but haven't installed them yet. Still need to paint the furniture and make a table and chair.

I got some 28-count aida cloth and am trying some little cross-stitch items -- a framed wall hanging and pillows -- for the Rabbit Habitat. It's quite a challenge, even with the magnifying glasses!

Spent the past few days trying to round up tax information for the past three years to take to the CPA tomorrow. With two interstate moves, marriage, and closing a business, I need a professional to review the forms that I prepared and help file amendments if necessary. Don't you just hate it when real life interfers with your mini fun?

Well I got my new countertops installed in my kitchen on Tues and DH suggested I use the old one for my workspace. What a great idea :flowers: I just love it. Can't wait to start my BH after my vacation next week and try out the new counter.

post-663-1170333953_thumb.jpg

Look how much room I have to work! Love it

I got another heater yesterday and it is warmer in my building so I did clean off my work table.

I can be in here and not be cold so that is plus. Guess that means I have no reason for not straightening up..

• 1 month later...

<taking out appointment book, flipping to a clean page, and licking tip of pencil>

:whistle: :flowers:

Wow!! I'm glad that I'm moving close to you, Kathy!!!

My work table/area is all tidied up and ready to start on the White Orchid (out of the box and laid out on the work table).

That's the good news part. The bad news part is that I work Monday - Wednesday and Ray works nights Monday night through to Thursday morning. So, we won't be able to start work until at least next Friday.

-Susanne

I am so jealous of your work space, Susanne!! All I have right now is my desk in the living room. Big enough to make accessories, but not for building houses!

your work room is wonderful!

sooo dern organised! Im sooo envious.

sure makes a good argument to clean out the shed and move out in it.

maybe next yr. I envy your space. its invites you to come play.

nutti :jawdrop: