An organized work area

KathieB

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Very nice Kathy!!

This is what mine looks like. LOL I could have a work room but, I like to be in the middle of everything. I am scared I will miss out on something if I am off by myself. LOL

I like to be in the middle of everything. I am scared I will miss out on something if I am off by myself. LOL

I feel that way exactly! and here in my house I am in the middle of everything!

but its my work room and our computer area and we LOVE it!

but it is a bit outa control at the moment.

nutti :blink:

My work space is in the livingroom/diningroom/kitchen. I work a lot at my computer desk which has been turned into a craft desk. Only computer related thing left on it is this laptop. I have a rectangle folding table that holds tons of stuff and I actually build on my kitchen counter. Storage includes plastic bins, plastic boxes and old shoe boxes. I label each box and lid so I know what goes to what. Now, I just need somewhere to store all my paper that is flat so they don't bend. hmmm....

I feel that way exactly! and here in my house I am in the middle of everything!

but its my work room and our computer area and we LOVE it!

but it is a bit outa control at the moment.

I've been in Nutti's workroom. Lots of space, good surfaces, LOTS of dollhouses, plastic organizers for beads, etc. It would be great fun to come help organize it. :blink:

Now, I just need somewhere to store all my paper that is flat so they don't bend. hmmm....

I keep my flat wallpaper, scrapbook paper, sheet foam, etc, in one of the large plastic tubs under the table.

Now, I just need somewhere to store all my paper that is flat so they don't bend. hmmm....

Well..... I took 2 pieces of mat board and put my paper in between it kind of like a sandwich. And it sits on top of my wood that is under my bed. Maybe you could do something like that?

Bec

neat%20little%20work%20area,%20before%20doing%20anything.jpg

This is my little work area - I have a spot in the basement, with a wet bar behind me. It's a nice set up, because I have a sink just a few feet behind me, lots of counter space, and a dish-drying rack. Of course, my husband would be happier if I hadn't splashed stain on the white walls!

Nice, Caite! You have room to expand if you need a table bigger than the card table, too.

I'd be a nervous Nellie having stain around the white walls, never mind the lovely carpet. I think I'd put down a drop cloth!

I've been in Nutti's workroom. Lots of space, good surfaces, LOTS of dollhouses, plastic organizers for beads, etc. It would be great fun to come help organize it. :D

OH? when should I expect you?

actually Im about as organised as I can be in my little space...but I would like to utilize some of the smaller organizers I have and put them on the wall but I dont have any wall space lft that I can reach.

but Im afraid if you came to help me organised we would just find stuff to play with and forget the organising for mini making! :)

nutti :wub:

Im afraid if you came to help me organised we would just find stuff to play with and forget the organising for mini making! :whistle:

Yes? Well? What's wrong with that?? :)

:yikes: Oh Kathie you are my hero :worthy: Seeing what you have done with your work area makes me want to dash downstairs and get organized :w00t:

LOL!! Well, I must say it's nice to work there. I've been working on the Realife Miniatures shop furniture/fixtures this morning and watching TV. Am hoping the rest of the family is thinking about shoveling the snow.

Congrats on your new workspace!! when caleb built my work bench/craft room for xmas it changed my whole attitude with mini making! its so nice to have your own space that is clean, organized, and roomie!!! great work!

Congrats on your new workspace!! when caleb built my work bench/craft room for xmas it changed my whole attitude with mini making! its so nice to have your own space that is clean, organized, and roomie!!! great work!

Aside from not being able to find anything or have a place to put anything, it was your workspace renovation that inspired me to get my own space organized. That and a major case of cabin fever during the ice and snow storms. :ohyeah:

I've christened our pink carpet with stain (in addition to the white walls). Although some day we'd like to get rid of the pink carpet (it came with the house), I think my husband would freak if I hastened that replaement by sprinkling it with more red mahogany stain!

Awesome work area kathie! Hopefully this spring we will get our work area in the basement completed. It will be a shop area for tools.

I'll post a picture of my work area that i can't use because it's overloaded with houses....then i'll show you the next work area that i can't use because it's overcrowded with houses...then i'll show you my kitchen counter :p I cannot start another project....I need to complete a few first.

The picture of my work area in the family room doesn't include Andrew's work areas. To the right is a small desk and to the left is another long table. The reason i won't post pictures is because I am respecting Andrew's wishes to wait until the Garfield is built to show pictures....so, we actually have a good sized work area to work in, it's just unorganized....oh and I just cleaned up my work area in the family room recently, so it's not half as messy as it used to be :o ....my Brimbles in on Andrew's work table...i moved it there so i could work on cutting out my egg crate stones.

Yes, I have a yellow dollhouse! I said i'd never do on in yellow :) I mixed my own color and wanted it to be a more pale yellow, but i just kept adding more paint...it's a pretty color combination really, but i need a couple more coats of the yellow. Now that we have a cutting tool, i'll get my new stairwell cut and can start working on the Bellingham again.

My goodness! What a construction zone! It brings to mind the chorus from "Old McDonald Had a Farm" with a little editing:

:) " ... with a house house here and a house house there, here a house, there a house, everywhere a house, house ..." :o

My goodness! What a construction zone! It brings to mind the chorus from "Old McDonald Had a Farm" with a little editing:

:o " ... with a house house here and a house house there, here a house, there a house, everywhere a house, house ..." :p

*snicker*

I hope to get the mess in the kitchen cleared out in the next month or so (completing a project or two)....I won't do this to myself again...way to much going on, it clutters my mind. And looks like crap.... :)

I want to work on my Beacon Hill, but i can't even get to it and it is so long now it's hard to turn it around to work on it....so i need to finish a couple of easier projects first, such as the Bellingham. That is a very heavy house, but i don't have a whole lot more to do before i can start shingling, wallpapering and such...so I can't really move the house anywhere else till it's done, but it will get done probably quicker than some of the other projects.

It must be hard to prioritize with so many neat projects underway.

It is.

Also hard to decide which one i want to work on. I want to work on one, but another one calls to me, but then it's inconvenient to work on that one...

And I've been sick and had that cut on my hand, so things have been so slow the past few weeks.....hopefully this weekend i can make some progress. Well i'm doing a take it easy kind of job again today....kind of tedious, but i need to get my stonework cut out for the Harrison...so i'm off to do the job!

Then I go back to work tomorrow for 3 days in a row. But i'm off this weekend so I need to get my plans together for what i want to accomplish this weekend...I think i'll choose a house and get to it...maybe the vineyard....hmmmm oh we go again, cuz then i'm thinking i'll work on the Harrison too....won't get much done if i work on two houses....okay...forumlate a plan, formulate a plan...formulate a.....