An organized work area

KathieB

Started to tidy up the work area this past week and went whole hog. Wish I had a picture of the before. The change is miraculous. DH helped me put up the shelf. Items were organized into boxes or tubs ... tapes, glue, spackling/caulk, beads, polyclay, air clay, etc.

Tables arranged so I can keep the sewing machine out most of the time. (May have to move it when I start on the Pierce). Tables covered with freezer paper, shiny side down, for easy note taking :banana: ... Tubs under the table hold Construction Materials, Plants/Landscape, Interior Design, Kits, and Furniture. I'd rather have rolling drawers, but these hold more (and larger) stuff, I think, and aren't that difficult to pull out for rummaging.

To the right of the table is a microwave cart that holds all of the tools in kitchen drawer organizers. Easy to roll over to where I need them. Stowed underneath are the Dremel bits, polyclay oven, glue gun, soldering iron, etc.

Kits waiting to be built are against the far wall. Two fluorescent shop lights and a regular light provide adequate illumination, with two high intensity lamps to move into place when even more is needed. Sink is a few feet off to the right. TV is behind me. What more could a girl want??? :banana:

After I took the picture, I started work on the Outdoor/camping swap. It was sooooo nice to work in a nice, clean area! :banana:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started to tidy up the work area this past week and went whole hog. Wish I had a picture of the before. The change is miraculous. DH helped me put up the shelf. Items were organized into boxes or tubs ... tapes, glue, spackling/caulk, beads, polyclay, air clay, etc.

Very impressive. I hope to be able to do that when I get settled after moving to North Carolina next month.

Kat

oooo look how much room you have to work and put stuff!

lucky you!

you saw my little world

I am crammed in there! but its nice to have it all in one place!

I can see lots of good stuff being created in your workspace.

Happy Building

nutti :)

Wow..impressive! I don't even have a dremel tool!

I'm working on my first dollhouse and dh sort of laughed when I said I've learned a lot with this one that I can use for the next one. (ha...like getting a dremel tool!) He had the audacity to say...there won't be a next one...we don't have enough room. Ha! But I've got a long way to go to get this one finished! So I'm not going to get really motivated to buy another til this one's completely done! (too many unfinished projects!--finally learning?)

Paula

Looks great, Kathie!! I cleaned up mine, but only so I could vaccuum it today. I'm having company who hasn't seen my house yet and wanted it to look somewhat decent.

Enjoy the organization!!

Oh wow, what a great working area you have created!!! I am about to finish my re-arranging of my own workarea which feels really nice, I have just to trade a chest of drawers with a row of waist high shelves so that I have some space for the books and papers etc etc, not having the full height gives me some display area for the IKEA greenhouse and perhaps a couple of roomboxes etc etc....

Hugs

I am glad that you started this thread. I am going to be working on my space tonight thru Thursday. I am off work and want to get Organized. I am such a mess and have waaay to much stuff LOL

www.picturetrail.com/jeninky

This is my picture site when I first moved this is what it looked like, it is a little better now but I want it better organized in little plastic containers. This is one of my new year resolutions to myself this year.

GET ORGANIZED!! LOL

I would love to hear tips from others on how they get organized.

Oh, I need some organizing done....any chance....hmmm, well I suppose not. Congrats on your clean-up. It always makes me feel like I have a new work area. Plus, I find things that I misplaced.

You may be onto something here. You know, to have an outside eye analyze organizational needs can be very helpful.

Have Label Machine

Will Travel

<taking out appointment book, flipping to a clean page, and licking tip of pencil>

:wave::)

This is my picture site when I first moved this is what it looked like, it is a little better now but I want it better organized in little plastic containers. This is one of my new year resolutions to myself this year.

GET ORGANIZED!! LOL

I would love to hear tips from others on how they get organized.

Oh, Jen! The pictures of your shop have my fingers itching to help! How lucky you are to have a whole little building to yourself. Just a little more organizing and you won't want ever to leave it!

TIP: Sort everything so like items are together. All the glue in one box, all the tape in another, etc.

(I'm still working on this one. Need to sort out little areas within the overall organization. Fabric storage, those little bits of cloth that you don't want to throw away but which get lost with bigger bits, are my biggest buggaboo at the moment.)

boy oh boy I love to organize. Your work area looks sweet.

I went from having a craft room down to having to organize it all in my bedroom whn my brother moved in. Let me wake up a bit and will think of some organzing things.

Bec

She's darn good at it too and she knows how to crack a mean whip. :) --------> smack

Kat

Ok more awake now. For bits and pieces. I use check boxes. The boxes that your checks come in from the bank. Has a white end on it so you can write what is in there.

my bedroom closet. alot of wasted space was in there. So below the hanging clothes I took two small trash cans put a piece of plywood over them and now I have 2 spaces to put stuff.

The floor part is where I have my magazines all nicely in order. and on top of the plywood I used clear shoeboxes to store stuff.

More later as I think about it.

Bec