HBS 2006 Creatin' Contest Winners announced ...

The photos will be published in the February catalog, but the sweet lady who called said we could tell the whole world right now. "It isn't like it's the Academy Awards or anything," she said. Ha! Little does she know! :glare:

She said they had twice as many entries this year as last and the quality of entries has improved remarkably. Judging was very difficult.

She said the Grand Prize winner is a Redneck Camper ... the detail in it is incredible, even down to a set of rusted bedsprings. The photos will go up on their website as soon as the webmistress gets to it.

Our Mardi Gras Float is the First Place winner!

I'm babbling ... :thumb:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"It isn't like it's the Academy Awards or anything," she said. Ha! Little does she know! :thumb:

For us, it IS like an awards show!

Kathie, BIG CONGRATS on taking First! Of course, WE know that you're creation was wonderful, but it's great that Ernie is going to spread the news to others! What do you win for first place?

Did anyone else here get the phone call from HBS? Come on, don't be shy. Bragging is encouraged here!

I can't wait for my next catalog to see all of the wonderful winners!

Jeri

OH MY GOSH KATHIE!! WOW!!!! CONGRATS!!! i'm so incredibly happy for you! im so glad your hard work and talent paid off!! yay!!! everyone give kathie a BIG round of applause!!!!

For us, it IS like an awards show!

Kathie, BIG CONGRATS on taking First! Of course, WE know that you're creation was wonderful, but it's great that Ernie is going to pread the news to others! What do you win for first place?

Did anyone else here get the phone call from HBS? Come on, don't be shy. Bragging is encouraged here!

I can't wait for my next catalog to see all of the wonderful winners!

Jeri

Yes, yes ... has anyone else heard from them??????

First Place prize is a $500 gift certificate. :thumb:

Thanks, everyone. I'm still on Cloud Nine! Of course, I'll share what I get with you. I think there may be some Reutter Porcelaine in my future, but we'll see what the various houses petition me to get. :thumb:

FYI, as the lady from HBS and I were chatting, I asked about the Grand Prize winner, and she volunteered information about some other winners, too. The main point she kept coming back to as to why a particular entry won was the amount of DETAIL in it. She mentioned that the Redneck Caravan (or whatever the name of the Grand Prize winner is) has an incredible amount of detail, including a set of rusted mattress springs. So ... as you're working on the Houseboat, keep in mind that it's not only the devil in the details, it's the secret to success in the contest!

Congratulations Kathie! You did that little trailer proud! I have my fingers crossed hoping that there might be another winner in our midst. Ernie is very generous with the prizes and it's always fun when some one we know wins!

<screaming and throwing my hands in the air> KATHIE!!! That is just the coolest thing ever! You *so* deserved to win because that Mardi Gras float is nothing short of spectacular. Of course, all your work is fabulous, but you really outdid yourself on that one. I'm soooooooooooooooo happy for you! I have this huge grin on my face and I'll be smiling for you all night.

Deb

You know, I don't really feel like the win is for me ... more like it's for the whole community! Y'all helped get us past some challenges along the way, even though you didn't know how we were using your expertise. :thumb: