Base question

TinyJudi

Well, here I am, only three pieces into the Glencroft and I have a problem and a question. I have attached the base foundation and the back edge. They went together very nicely. This morning, I went to fit the right wall. It went into the tabs perfectly, however, it does not line up with the bottom of the base. Here is a photo of what I mean. It is only 1/8th of an inch, but in building, that can be ALOT.

Is this something I need to worry about? Should I ignore it for now and see what happens with the other pieces or should I attempt to fix it? Has this happened with anyone else? Thanks for any help.

Judi, I dry-fit it all together up to just before installing the second floor, to check for that sort of thisg, and I think I fit the right wall to the first floor before I did anything else (I made a book for that one & that's what the pictures show). quite often I find myself taking the dry-fit apart & juggling pieces. I did a bit of shaving on the tabs & slots with the Glencroft, as well as cosmetic surgery later on in the build.

Try fitting the right wall first, and then the rest of it.

I know that small problems can lead to big problems later, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can always adjust everything else in the process of building. I have a wonky wall that I've had to make adjustments for on my BH, but I've been able to shave here and there and push/shove and it has worked out. I wouldn't let this stop ya.