Has anyone done these 1/4 scale houses?

KaySadler339

Ed, you're on the same track as me. With Halloween fast approaching, I'm already thinking ahead to my Christmas layout. It takes time to do these layts doesn't it?

Looking forward to seeing what you do this year. I really do like the Greenleaf Village.

-Susanne

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am to do what I want to, I need to do the carpentry now a 2'x8' panel for the front, a new riser for the Christmas tre....sort of a wedding cake for the treeto stand on + room for an additional train. Lower level possibly double tracked and last year's upper level almost as is.

Hopefully I will have room for a second skating pond not just hte animated one from dept56. THe second one will be for ancient lead Barclay skaters I wonder if it will all fit this year

Ed

Projectas like this Christmas tree village just keep snowballing. If I re do the Christmas tree base to support a circle of track, I may have a place for a few buildings on that loop. The upper level added last year gave me a place for a secont track plus toom for a few smaller buildings (the Lionel houses come to mind) I have the Barclay lead skaters etc that have not been out in ages and I want to show off some more of the trains

Ed

While we're talking about these kits, my dil just called me and asked if I knew where she could get the instructions for the village size Station and Store kit. She started it about 10 years or so ago but it got put off when she had the kids and went back to work. Now she's home recovering from surgery and thought getting it going again would make time pass faster. The kids are also big enough to not mess with it so she can set the scene up finally.

Wow! I just opened my little Greenleaf Village kit (came two days ago but I was out of town!)...

And geesh, there are a lot of teeny-tiny parts!! :yes: I thought there were tons of parts in the Garfield kit...but these, while smaller (and I' m thankful for that! :Jumpy: )...there still are lots and lots! :D

The good news is that my husband's train set that he got as a kid...which needs some repair (in case anyone here knows where to go to get that done!)...is "O" scales, and appears to be the "right size" for the house. So now he wants me to get the village built by Christmas, and the train fixed, so we can set it all up around the tree..

and we don't have kids, grandkids, or anyone more than our four cats, to entertain! Won't THEY be surprised to see the train running around the living room! :thumb:

Wow! I just opened my little Greenleaf Village kit (came two days ago but I was out of town!)...

And geesh, there are a lot of teeny-tiny parts!! :yes: I thought there were tons of parts in the Garfield kit...but these, while smaller (and I' m thankful for that! :yes: )...there still are lots and lots! :D

The good news is that my husband's train set that he got as a kid...which needs some repair (in case anyone here knows where to go to get that done!)...is "O" scales, and appears to be the "right size" for the house. So now he wants me to get the village built by Christmas, and the train fixed, so we can set it all up around the tree..

and we don't have kids, grandkids, or anyone more than our four cats, to entertain! Won't THEY be surprised to see the train running around the living room! :thumb:

Sounds like it could be a joint adventure? You know in order to "get it done" in time, perhaps you can sit and work with them together as that would halfen the time spent perhaps???? :Jumpy:

Hugs

• 9 months later...

I just found two dura-craft houses I think are quarter scale. We build an entire town of them in the early 1980's, The two I just found are shades of mauve, gray and dusty blue. I was using them as jewelry boxes at some point them they ended up in a box in the cellar. We built several of these kits as a family project and my kids made all sorts of furniture and stairs out of square sandwich toothpicks. So the answer is they can be decorated. With a computer you can even reduce 1/2 scale wallpaper. People from some size of railroad fit into them as well. We had lots of these people in our tiny Synagogue.

• 3 months later...