2007 Creatin' Contest from HBS

This email just in from Ernie: (copied & pasted)

Dear Friends:

Happy New Year to all my mini friends! I, for one, am glad to be alive and well in 2007. We are happy to have another great year under our belts and are looking forward to much health and happiness in 2007.

New Year’s Eve was a rain soaked night here in Atlanta. Blanche and I had a simple dinner at home and fell asleep by 9:30. New Year’s Day brought back the sun, with clear skies and everything seemed shiny and new, as it should. We took a walk in the morning and then watched football and cooked way too much food in the afternoon. We made all the classics: collard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread, kielbasa and corned beef. Not sure why we cooked so much. I guess we just felt the need to mess up the kitchen and stink up the house. It sure was good, though.

So, today is January 3rd. Everyone is back at work and eager to make 2007 the best it can be. The beginning of the year always marks one particular fun job for old Ernie, in that I get to announce the year’s new Creatin’ Contest project. As many of you know, I have an obsession with houseboats and all things that float. About the time we came out with the Vintage Travel Trailer, I started thinking we should develop a Houseboat Kit. And, while it always takes longer than I want for my kit ideas to become realities, I think this one was worth the wait. The Houseboat Kit began shipping to customers in December, and early indications are that old Ernie still has a knack for picking winners.

As with the Vintage Travel Trailer, we opted for a nostalgic version of the houseboat, rather than try to replicate one of the sleek modern marvels of today. It’s a great kit, one that is sure to get your creative juices flowing. With that in mind, I am proud to announce Ernie’s Houseboat Kit (#4312) as the official Creatin’ Contest Kit for 2007. I encourage you to go ahead and order yours early to get started. We have found that the sooner we start projects, the more enjoyment we get from them. Nothing puts a damper on fun more than having to hurry up and finish it for a deadline. Plus, wintertime is perfect for staying warm indoors with your minis. Gives you something worthwhil e to do. Lord knows, we don't need to be watching more TV.

I am going to leave it at that and sign off with well wishes for all. I hope you have a wonderful 2007, filled with good health, family, friends and prosperity. Please keep in touch and send me pictures of your houseboats as soon as you can. I just love reading your stories and getting a peek at what you’ve created.

All the best,

Ernie

p.s. Thanks to everyone who entered the 13th Annual Creatin' Contest. Y'all have outdone yourselves! We're busy reviewing them and will announce the winners ASAP!

This message was sent from miniatures.com • 2388 Pleasantdale Road • Atlanta, GA • 30340-3152 • 800.926.6464

Hey everyone! I just got a email from Ernie w/ HBS announcing the new conteset for this year!! I will copy and paste it below!! I gotta get myself this kit :( its been on my wish list since it came out last month! :o

Dear Friends:

Happy New Year to all my mini friends! I, for one, am glad to be alive and well in 2007. We are happy to have another great year under our belts and are looking forward to much health and happiness in 2007.

New Year's Eve was a rain soaked night here in Atlanta. Blanche and I had a simple dinner at home and fell asleep by 9:30. New Year's Day brought back the sun, with clear skies and everything seemed shiny and new, as it should. We took a walk in the morning and then watched football and cooked way too much food in the afternoon. We made all the classics: collard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread, kielbasa and corned beef. Not sure why we cooked so much. I guess we just felt the need to mess up the kitchen and stink up the house. It sure was good, though.

So, today is January 3rd. Everyone is back at work and eager to make 2007 the best it can be. The beginning of the year always marks one particular fun job for old Ernie, in that I get to announce the year's new Creatin' Contest project. As many of you know, I have an obsession with houseboats and all things that float. About the time we came out with the Vintage Travel Trailer, I started thinking we should develop a Houseboat Kit. And, while it always takes longer than I want for my kit ideas to become realities, I think this one was worth the wait. The Houseboat Kit began shipping to customers in December, and early indications are that old Ernie still has a knack for picking winners.

As with the Vintage Travel Trailer, we opted for a nostalgic version of the houseboat, rather than try to replicate one of the sleek modern marvels of today. It's a great kit, one that is sure to get your creative juices flowing. With that in mind, I am proud to announce Ernie's Houseboat Kit (#4312) as the official Creatin' Contest Kit for 2007. I encourage you to go ahead and order yours early to get started. We have found that the sooner we start projects, the more enjoyment we get from them. Nothing puts a damper on fun more than having to hurry up and finish it for a deadline. Plus, wintertime is perfect for staying warm indoors with your minis. Gives you something worthwhil e to do. Lord knows, we don't need to be watching more TV.

I am going to leave it at that and sign off with well wishes for all. I hope you have a wonderful 2007, filled with good health, family, friends and prosperity. Please keep in touch and send me pictures of your houseboats as soon as you can. I just love reading your stories and getting a peek at what you've created.

All the best,

Ernie

p.s. Thanks to everyone who entered the 13th Annual Creatin' Contest. Y'all have outdone yourselves! We're busy reviewing them and will announce the winners ASAP!

I gots an idear tooooo!

its just floatin around waiting for the fun to start.

I knew from the moment I saw this how I would proceed!

I love dollhouses but these unique kits are so fun to have in ones collection.

I had soooo many comments about my trailer during the Holidays....all good!

makes me want to do another....nah not really. but I am eager for the houseboat.

nutti :o

DH Lloyd is already thinking about what we can do with a houseboat. I told him I'd order one for him the next time Ernie has a 50% sale. :whistle:

I can see the learning curves looming already.

<getting a dreamy-eyed look and Googling "resin how-tos">

its just floatin around waiting for the fun to start.

:whistle: <giggling> I love puns!

I think I'm gonna take the plunge too. <cackle> See what you started with the puns Nutti!!

I'd already ordered the houseboat and since I'll have it on hand, I might as well give some thought to entering the contest this year. Bruce grew up in the area where the Mississippi, the Ohio, the Missouri and the Tennessee rivers all kinda converge in a valley, so he's going to be my houseboat consultant. :D The reason I got the houseboat kit in the first place is because he saw it and said it looks just like the houseboat a friend had when he was a kid. I'd call that a real compliment to the designers!

This might be the year to buy stock in scenic water!

Deb

I'm not usually into things that aren't houses . . . I like houses . . . but seeing as it's a "house" boat, I'm really being drawn to it! :D I think I just might take the 'plunge'!!! :whistle:

I really like Nutti's idea so well I'll collaborate with her.

oooooo yall should be worried now! :D

we have some very interesting ideas and my mind is just swimming with more.

but dont yall come fishing for them.

ss I just could stop my 2 fingers from typing this.

HAHAHAHAHA

nutti :whistle:

Ack a house boat, now I will certainly have to refrain from going to the HBS site for a while as I do not need a distraction, I am firm on going to get some projects finished....

:rofl: Oooops, just have to have a look at this, just a teensy peak so that I will know what you all are talking about, nothing else :unsure:

Hugs

Of course, Anna. :unsure:

And we will appreciate your suggestions when you are current with the project. The project you're not going to start, that is. :rofl:

<grabbing green eyeshade, notebook and pencil> Odds, anyone? :lol: