Rember these?

bergie

I was wondering if a needle point pattern would work? Anyone ever done this?
What a terrific idea! It works for crossstitch, so why not? Hmmm.

Hey, Linda! come back and share some more of your bead curtains!

• 2 months later...

in the very earlie 70's a friend had curtians made out of pull tabs and i thought they were the greatest things ever! lol! i've never had any but i think i'll have to get them to go with my "egg" chair! i'd love to see one with some kind of teeny mirrors so they sparkle!

Hey, are you guys all over here peeking into my Hippie House!?

Jeez, and I have'nt even posted pics yet!

I'm making a couple of beaded curtains for the Arthur as well, but I don't quite know how to make the patterns yet.

I think I'll just stick to the rainbow curtains. Those I know how to do.

Happy Hippie Housing everyone!

Peace

The hippy generation wasn't just about things. It was also about trying to do things different from our parents. It was a time where we let those in authority (parents, teachers, government, police) know that we wanted change.

I was glad that I was a teenager in high school during this generation as opposed to the present one. It really was more about love and peace than hate. Yes, there were the drugs, but just mellowing out and tripping .... not escaping like today. We didn't bring guns and knives to school. Sure, we'd smoke hash and pot, but we'd also share. I remember going to the rock concerts and the joints were just passed down the rows to be shared. That's why we'd all have our own roach clips so that nothing was wasted.

It was also about the music: Hendrix, Joplin, Doors, Iron Butterfly

It was about the smells: incense, the strange hand-rolled cigarettes, tea steeping, love oils, candles, Baby Duck and Lonesome Charlie bubbly wines.

-Susanne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Avacado Green rugs throughout the house and a bright pink green and orange kitchen. My first house with Husband #1. Yep, we had beaded curtains in the foyer to the living room, and in both bathroom windows. Very pretty! Had bell bottoms too, and loved them! Was much thinner then and much much younger too of course! LOL Was working for Walt Disney Productions during those years in the Printing Department! Wonderful years! But I was not a flower child by any means, nor was hubby. We were "straight shooters" then....how boring! We could have been having fun!