12/30/06 Miniature New Years Resolutions?

Minis On The Edge

Terri, you have so much talent I hope you write this goal down and really work towards it. Your stuff is fabulous!

Greg, I know what you mean about projects in the works. I have so many unfinished houses around here hubby is giving me "That Look" again :whistle:

Mine is to practice making miniature items with polymer clay more. And to finish my willowcrest and WO. oo and also I want to build my first 1/2 scale house and my first 1/144th scale house :lol:

ooo wow my goals are expensive :whistle:

i am firmly, firmly! resolved to

(1) have a budget for this hobby before i begin devising mini jailbreaking equipment after i've drawn a long prison sentence because i have robbed a bank to have money for more supplies, and

(2) get cracking on a kit i want to build for my grandboy. he is 3 years old and i'd like to get going on it before he is old enough to drive to the store and get one himself,

MY New Year's resolution? Well, let's see...I have several.

1. get the Nordic Track from my mom-in-law (that she said I could use) so that I can start exercising and get this extra weight off.

2. have one of my houses so well done that I can enter it in our state fair this year (possibly the Queen Anne, although the idea of doing a little house--the Batrie Cape Cod could be a cute farmhouse).

AND

(drum roll please..)

3. start working on a little one this summer. (we'll have been married 3 years and people keep nudging us to get a move on, LOL)

Other than that, who knows...more may come up..

My first and perpetual New Year's resolution I always keep is to learn how to do at least one new thing.

I would also like to

build (decorate, furnish, accessorize & people) a 1:24 scale house.

teach Tracy how to sculpt a doll (don't know how that'll work over long distance...).

finish some of the UFO backlog of non-mini projects.

build the Willowcrest.

stitch another (1:12!) carpet.

at least start the cardboard model of my Craftsman Bungalow!

Non-mini resolutions? travel more, paddle more, pedal more, hike more, create at least one more healthy non-fat recipe, and not take any more 3-month trips in 2007!

To actually finish some projects before starting on too many more. :lol:

That was my resolution one year, to finish up some projects that were incomplete. I finished 4 counted cross stitch pictures in a short time. Some only needed some outlline stitches that I never finished. I now have so many unfinished furniture kits, ect. I think I will have to work on some of the projects I bought before buying more. I don't know how long that will last since I can always find something to purchase on e-bay! :whistle:

My mini resolution, is to get off my behind and start/finish both the primrose record shop which has been patiently sitting in the wings waiting for me and also the coventry cottage that I won during the Halloween Madness contests. Since I started working, I feel like I am running from the time I get up until I get home and then I feel exhausted...it's no excuse because building is very relaxing and theraputic for me so I don't know why I haven't gotten started yet...BUT I WILL!!!

Mini-resolutions: Build and decorate my BH and WO BEFORE purchasing any other kits (unless it is a super-mega deal or it's being discontinued and I'm just in love with it..why I ended up with the WO :( )

Learn how to make some nifty and unique pieces to decorate with

Non-mini-resolutions: Get back into a gym routine so I can drop 60 before my wedding

Get this wedding planned BEFORE the last minute

Start journaling again

Start working on Christmas cross-stitch projects NOW

Clean out lots of closets....we're both packrats, and we have a lot of crap that we really don't need

Start using a finance program to figure out where our money goes

Happy NEW Year !!!!

I have a few resolutions for the new year.!

1.organize & Finish the den, craft area!

2. Finish ALL my projects!

3.Learn to work with polymer clay & Build my OWN dollhouse furniture

Hugs

Kelly

I'd also like to learn a new miniature skill. Ray wired the Orchid for me, but I'd like him to teach me how to wire a dollhouse so that I can do the next one on my own. Last night I decided that I'm going to move the pre-built Arrow dollhouse (bought it on ebay about a year ago) onto my craft worktable. That'll be my guinea pig wiring project.

A personal resolution will be to take better note of my migraine triggers. I've suffered terribly with them in the last while. I've not been telling the doctor, just refilling my maxalt meds every three months. The reason that I don't tell him, is because he has on file that my migraine seizures are "properly controlled" by the maxalt and other medications he has me on. If this isn't the case, I could have my driver's license revoked. The last six months have been spent looking after my mum and dad, but if I don't have my driver's license I won't be much help to them. So, I'm going to have to look after myself a lot better so that I can be there for them.

-Susanne

My resolutions (I usually don't make any, no failures then) but lets make this easy. Build lots more houses. Finish basement workshop so there is room to store more houses. Hug more. Work on house repairs. Take more pictures. Get someone who lives close to me addicted to dollhouses so I have someone to play with.

I am still sick with the dreaded cold but I am itchin to do some dh work. (Scratch Scratch)

My one new years resolution is to finish my existing houses this year.

I dont know if today will be the day cause I am still feeling woozy but I want to get moving on the White Orchid. My first project of the new year is to put the xmas totes away, clean off the diningroom table (AGAIN!) and spread out the pieces and get motivated.

Does anyone have a dh resolution?

I am not promising that I will not open the Emerson row when it gets here (nothing yet but there is no mail today or tomorrow so maybe on Wednesday)... But I will definitely get these poor souls worked on!

My dh slump is over.

**only edited to move this topic into this one since it's the same** :ohyeah:

Edited by Minis On The Edge

Good for you Heidi! You go girl!! :ohyeah:

I hadn't thought about a dollhouse resolution, but other than building some of my houses still in boxes, I would like to get some small things finished in some of my other houses. You know, just those tiny little things that knaw at you, like touching up paint, et cetera!

Sounds like a great resolution, Heidi!! I hope you are feeling better soon.

My dh goals for this year are to finish my San Fran and travel trailer, build my Brookwood and I have a Sweetheart to make for Toys for Tots this year. Besides that, I don't have anything else planned.

Hmmm....it wasn't a resolution, but I startng working on my orignal Orchid again. I painted the large room upstairs <again> and started measuring for the new wood floor. Also, I spent a large part of yesterday with my paper clay. I made a lot of 'tinies' yesterday and started again this morning. I keep surprising myself and that is always a good thing. If I did make a dh resolution, I think it would be to decide on the next build.

I just merged these two topics together because they are the same :banana:

Another Goal I have is to finish my Borgin & Burkes project. I took this class with Rik Pierce almost 3 years ago now :ohyeah: I want it to be a book store (I think( but I know for sure I need to complete it :banana:

My mini resolution is to finish my garfield addition (poor thing has been sitting there because I'm working on the harrison) and to finish the harrison. It doesn't sound like much, until you actually look at them :) .

I hadn't thought about a dollhouse resolution, but other than building some of my houses still in boxes, I would like to get some small things finished in some of my other houses. You know, just those tiny little things that knaw at you, like touching up paint, et cetera!

I hear you. Apart from the new building projects, there's the fine detailing and maintenance of existing dollhouses.

But I also need to do some building, I've got a collection of 1:12 dolls that are waiting for houses!!

-Susanne