Godward "Triptych"

Posted (edited)

There are three things that are driving this one:

1. After finishing the Salon wall art my wife grabbed it for her room so it lasted on my wall about two days and I want a replacement

2. I want to use the Northeastern Scale components (baseboard, wainscott panels, chair rail, crown molding) in my shops but I wanted to test them first. This seems like a good test

3. When I was looking at triptych's for the bedroom set I put this one together (as a possible) by Godward using the concept of one large and two small width paintings of the same height. I think it is the same model wearing similar, but different, clothes in each. If not the same she is very alike

I also have an old frame from goodwill with an 11 1/2" square opening so it all seems to be coming together. I am thinking the same pale blue walls with ivory trim and matching gold frames

rqnAeS4.jpeg
WnAmdKI.jpeg

Edited by jaxenro

They certainly fit; the one on the left looks like she just woke up, the one in the large painting looks like she has caved in and wants the artist to go away so she caan go to sleep, and the one on the right looks as if she's thinking aabout how good she'd feel after a nap.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

They certainly fit; the one on the left looks like she just woke up, the one in the large painting looks like she has caved in and wants the artist to go away so she caan go to sleep, and the one on the right looks as if she's thinking aabout how good she'd feel after a nap.

lol. In Godward world women tend to lounge around all day posing for his paintings 

Dolce far niente - the sweetness of doing nothing