12/20/06 what was your most favorite gift?

Minis On The Edge

When I was a little girl there was a circus set, the tent wao painted tin and all the circus people and animals were hard rubber and the wagons & cages were plastic. My stepdaddy was an orthopedic technician and had had a very good year making braces and shoe appliances for people who had been crippled by polio (anyone remember that one?) and I got that set for Christmas and next to my dollhouse it was my favorite toy.

The top of my wish list for this year for Christmas is to have all our kids here; two out of three will be. Top of my list for the new year is for the coming granddaughter to be born on or closer to her due date and not too early (we had a heckuva scare ot Thanksgiving!).

mine was probably was the ring caleb bought me on our 1st christmas together 5 years ago. And of course my garfield dollhouse kit he bought me last year :lol: he's always good at giving me the best gifts!

My favorite gift ever would have to be my engagement ring from Eric 3 years ago, and top of my wish list this year, I already know I got :lol: *points to the pretty Greenleaf box under the tree*

I've had many wonderful gifts over the years but I would have to say my most memorable & cherished gifts were the little notes Missy used to write and leave hidden around the house for me to find. They were always 'I love you' type messages and she would hide them under the pillows, on dressers and such. She didn't do it everyday but it was always great to find one. She did that from a very young age up until she left home. I've kept them all.

Another was 43 years ago when I had been in a car accident, I shared a hospital room with an elderly woman who had had a mascetomy and upon leaving the hospital she gave me a card with a beautiful lace hankie. I still have that hankie today.

My favorite gift was from Dh. It was the red kitchenaide mixer I have owned for 3 years now. Best gift ever!

I dont really have anything on my wish list. I am one of those people that are most happy watching other people open their gifts.

I think it is the mom gene. Sacrifice so much for the ones you love that you lose sight of what makes you truly happy.

Nope I cant think of anything I want.

My favorite gift Darrell gave me was recieved about 6 years ago. I had perviously lived in the desert and did not have much need for warm clothes. For our first Christmas together he gave me a big long fluffy robe and a note stating " to the woman who warms my heart I offer this small gift of warmpth" I still have and wear that robe all the time. stains, holes and all.

Melissa