Greetings and saluations from the cold part of Maine

Kalygirl

Hi everyone, my name is Jen and I'm a newbie! I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks and I'm finally getting around to posting the whole introductiony-thingy. I'm pretty new to dollhouses, although way back, my sister started building a Beacon Hill and when she got bored, I took over. I didn't get very far, and once my mom passed away, the BH disspeared, unfortunately. Now though, thanks to my absolutely wonderful, patient, adorable fiance, I'm getting a new BH kit to build the right way (as in, not leaving it in the basement to get all warped and cracked, darn sister of mine!). It should be mailed out this week but he says I can't have it until Christmas. I think he plans to put a bow on it and leave it under the tree to torture me and probably the furballs as well...they hate boxes they can't get into! So far, I love everything I've seen on these forums; everyone seems fun and friendly and really supportive and I can't wait to become a more involved member

See you all around!

(Am I allowed to pass out hugs? I've been known to be a hugging fiend.....)

Hi Jen, you can pass out all the hugs you want, we all like them. I'm glad you've decided to sign up and join us. You're going to love building the Beacon Hill again. And now you have us to support you through it.

Welcome to the forum!

Wendy

Welcome Jen! My boyfriend gave me my first dollhouse kit. That move put him on the fast track to husband! Both BH and fiance sound like keepers. And like your fiance, DH uses Christmas gifts as torture devices. Oh I hate to wait! LOL. Sounds like we will have lots to talk about!

Jeri

Welcome to the Greenleaf "family", Jen. We spent a week or so north of Acadia National Park and went hiking up Mt Dorr, in October 2004. If you are in the cold part of Maine, pray tell where is the warm part? Tampa, FL?

everyone seems fun and friendly and really supportive and I can't wait to become a more involved member

Appearances are not deceiving, we are a fun & friendly & supportive bunch and I don't think you'll be able to help but become more involved, especially one the LOSHBB start picking at you!

We're very {{{HUGS}}} glad you're {{{HUGS}}} here, too.

Hi Jen and welcome! From one “Jenny” to another it is great to have you here! My boyfriend bought me my first dollhouse (the Garfield) last xmas and ive been hooked every since! I think that you are really in for a treat here! Everyone here is absolutely amazing, kind, and creative! The Beacon Hill is one of my favorite and cant wait to see pics of your progress! Someday I will build that house! Enjoy your xmas present and you might even get your fiancé hooked on them! My boyfriend just asked me the other night if he could help me build my next house :congrats: cute huh?

Hope you have a great week and yes we love hugs!!

*big hugs!!*

hi, and welcome to this way cool, never cold forum.

i'm another newbie and am having a blast reading all the informational, chatty, and generous posts from this amazing community.

these folks are very supportive and kind, and seem to have about 9/10ths of the US cat population staying in their midst. my two cats approve.

here is a note about abbreviations that i wish somebody had passed along:

i was reading the posts and some guy called DH kept showing up in various contexts.

so, i started to think hmmmm, Uh-oh :wave: , maybe there's some kind of hobbyist polygamy going on ??

and then i figured out what DH stands for.

maybe Fiances will be called DF ??

cyberhugs to you and the fluffies,

It should be mailed out this week but he says I can't have it until Christmas. I think he plans to put a bow on it and leave it under the tree to torture me and probably the furballs as well...they hate boxes they can't get into! So far, I love everything I've seen on these forums; everyone seems fun and friendly and really supportive and I can't wait to become a more involved member

See you all around!

(Am I allowed to pass out hugs? I've been known to be a hugging fiend.....)

I've discovered that if I rub enough catnip (or honeysuckle) on my Christmas presents that are under the tree, that my cats will partially "open" some of my presents for me before Christmas morning. :thumb:

-Susanne

Hello! I've seen you in some posts, but haven't formally welcomed you yet!

Welcome!!! :lol:

I too have the BH and she's a beauty. Ouchouch has been working on one for a while, so be sure to look at her pics in the gallery if you have trouble (or mine, but my house is moving along very slowly :) ).

I'm still not sure what DH stands for..."dear husband"? Yeah, I thought everyone was married to the same person for a while, too. Then I thought it mean "dollhouse"--like everyone was married to a dollhouse that spoke to them? :p Well, stranger things have been known to happen.

Anyway, good luck with your BH!!!!!!

I have already talked to you Jen but here is a official HELLO!

I too came here after a disasterous attempt at rescueing a yard sale dh (dollhouse not Dear hubby) and I have found out that I do have some talent in the dh forte!

So dont get discouraged. If you get frustrated, stop and ask questions. Drink some Green Apple Pucker and you will figure it out!

Are you planning on electrifying? Darrell has a great tutorial and lots of us can help you along the way!

If you get frustrated, stop and ask questions. Drink some Green Apple Pucker and you will figure it out!

Yeah, but don't actually work out your solutions on the house whilst drinking the Green Apple Pucker!

I have to admit....I've never actually tried Green Apple Pucker *hides head in shame* but I do have a birthday coming up next month.........I'm more of a hot d*** girl myself, have always loved cinnamon.... And I do plan to electrify if I can find lights that the house and I agree on! We've decided to go totally traditional and we're going with very formal Victorian decorations, including a Masterpiece theatre type library (Eric begged and begged to have his own room to decorate and that's what he wants to do, YAY)

Now, I wish Christmas would hurry up and come so I can get to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi and welcome! My first house was the Beacon Hill. I bought mine last January with the money my father-in-law gave me for Christmas. It would have been nicer coming from my husband :p Anyway, it's been so much fun! I am still working on mine. I will probably be working on it for years to come. I like to redecorate. You're welcome to look at mine. There are plenty of photos of the Beacon Hill in the Gallery. They're all awesome!!!

I hope to see your pictures there too!

Have fun,

Sarah