In my 3rd year of building the Pierce, and discovered I goofed on Day 1. Help!

MiniJenny

Soooooo.... I've been building the Pierce for my daughter since January 2021. I just finished the roof and all the roof and gable trim. I'm about to do the front steps. (I am so close to finishing the outside, y'all, and it is looking great!) 

But I realized today that back on the first day of the build, in early January 2021, I put in one piece upside down. (@#$%&!) It is the front piece of the foundation under the front door. Apparently it fits both ways, and I didn't realize that the slots were supposed to be on the bottom. Now I can't put the tabs of the steps into the slots. I thought about prying the piece out and putting it back in correctly, but the exterior of the house and much of the interior is already done. I don't think I can do that without damaging the house. 

What would you do? Cut off the tabs and just glue it on? Figure out a way to drill slots where they are supposed to be? Frustrated. This is the only major mistake that I didn't catch right away.

334941182_739221291324771_9136842629836467629_n.jpg

Edited by MiniJenny
  • Like 1

Well I for one am not satisfied.....until you post inside pics! The outside looks great. With the stairs glued on, who will notice the missing tabs. But maybe outline the inside of the stairs with wood strips, and glue those onto the stairs so you have a larger surface on the stairs to glue onto the house. They will most likely remain on longer. Looks great! More pics please?

• Like 2

Looks great! I wouldn't worry about trying to get the piece out; it's not worth the risk of damaging it or another piece nearby. Gluing the steps on is probably the best solution. 

I'm also building the Pierce but am nowhere near finishing it.

Would love to see pics of the inside!

Good luck!

Jean

Jenny,

If it's any consolation, as I was working on my dollhouse this afternoon, I noticed I have the same piece upside down, so you're not the only one!  When I placed that piece, I was more concerned about the lattice going in the same direction and, since the tabs fit either way, I figured it didn't matter. I guess you and I think alike!  LOL

Jean