Sources for Medieval castle/Tudor style miniatures and building supplies?

IndyCindy

I'm about to embark on a new build - a 1/12th scale castle keep! I'm struggling to find quality Medieval-style miniatures. The selection at most of my favorite online shops is sparse at best. Any resources for this specific style and period would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

I too have discovered that medieval stuff is sparse. For lights I go with Dolls House Emporium. They’re overseas but reasonable. Furniture, well I had to make most of it...

• Like 2

I've searched too.  I would check out Etsy.  There are a lot of shops from the UK.  They have a much bigger variety of options for different time periods.  Most of the shipping is fairly reasonable too.

• Like 2

medieval miniature gothic dollhouse furniture

Try using these words when you do a search.

I used this kit to make the chair for my Lady of Shallot scene. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1298416400/dollhouse-miniature-medieval-chair-kit?gpla=1&gao=1&

large.rsz_1shallot2.jpg.8a591bdda0525bad6dfdeae1fffcb69b.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/24/2023 at 3:54 PM, Mid-life madness said:

medieval miniature gothic dollhouse furniture

Try using these words when you do a search.

I used this kit to make the chair for my Lady of Shallot scene. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1298416400/dollhouse-miniature-medieval-chair-kit?gpla=1&gao=1&

large.rsz_1shallot2.jpg.8a591bdda0525bad6dfdeae1fffcb69b.jpg

This chair is A-MAZ-ING the way you finished it! I never thought to "upholster" these Gothic chairs, but it looks gorgeous. You've definitely inspired me to think beyond just staining the wood. I've been thinking a lot about ways to incorporate fabric, color, and texture into this next project of mine. I am absolutely giddy; thanks for sharing this! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IndyCindy said:

This chair is A-MAZ-ING the way you finished it! I never thought to "upholster" these Gothic chairs, but it looks gorgeous. You've definitely inspired me to think beyond just staining the wood. I've been thinking a lot about ways to incorporate fabric, color, and texture into this next project of mine. I am absolutely giddy; thanks for sharing this! 

The fabric back is a piece of embroidered ribbon, the seat is from a velvet ribbon, (like you find at Christmas).

Thank you so much for the kind words.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

McQueenie does some beautiful Tudor furniture, quite grand so definitely suitable for a castle --

https://www.mcqueenieminiatures.co.uk/

Medieval Morsels on Etsy has wonderful period food items in polymer clay.  She has been "taking a break" since August 2022, but I'll put the link here for when she comes back --

https://www.etsy.com/shop/medievalmorsels?ref=usf_2020

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the leads, Jeanne. I've made some McQueenie kits before and they have some perfect pieces for my castle. I've arranged to be notified when Medieval Morsels is back too! I appreciate your input! :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finding high-quality Medieval-style miniatures can sometimes be a challenge, but there are a few resources you can explore to expand your options. Etsy is a popular online marketplace that offers a wide range of handmade and vintage items, including miniatures. Many artisans and collectors sell unique Medieval-style miniatures on Etsy, and you might find some hidden gems there. Use relevant keywords like "Medieval miniatures," "castle miniatures," or "1/12th scale castle" to narrow down your search. Engage with the miniature community by joining online forums and social media groups dedicated to dollhouse miniatures. These platforms often have active communities of enthusiasts who can provide recommendations, share resources, and even offer their own miniatures for sale.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 12:53 AM, alessia88 said:

Finding high-quality Medieval-style miniatures can sometimes be a challenge, but there are a few resources you can explore to expand your options. Etsy is a popular online marketplace that offers a wide range of handmade and vintage items, including miniatures. Many artisans and collectors sell unique Medieval-style miniatures on Etsy, and you might find some hidden gems there. Use relevant keywords like "Medieval miniatures," "castle miniatures," or "1/12th scale castle" to narrow down your search. Engage with the miniature community by joining online forums and social media groups dedicated to dollhouse miniatures. These platforms often have active communities of enthusiasts who can provide recommendations, share resources, and even offer their own miniatures for sale.

• Like 1