I won my first ebay auction!!

CJEP

dollhousestodreamhousesdh5.jpg

dollhousestodreamhousesqo5.jpg

Also, I remember someone asking if there's a completed picture of Brimbles....

dollhousestodreamhousesto4.jpg

This is al from that book Dollhouses to Dreamhouse 2. It's being sold on ebay.

Looking at those Brookwood makes me want to do mine even more so.

dollhousestodreamhousesdh5.jpg

dollhousestodreamhousesqo5.jpg

Also, I remember someone asking if there's a completed picture of Brimbles....

dollhousestodreamhousesto4.jpg

This is al from that book Dollhouses to Dreamhouse 2. It's being sold on ebay.

Looking at those Brookwood makes me want to do mine even more so.

Wow!! Thanks for the eye candy. Now I'll have to really think about what I want to do with it. I hadn't really thought about what I wanted to do with it as much as I liked it because it was different from the others.

Ok, I think I may be addicted to ebay now. I also bid on a Storybook Cottage kit. It is only $9.99 with about $20 for shipping. I figured for $30 it was worth it. I'm currently winning (and the only bidder) and it ends in a few hours. It was also on my list of retired Greenleaf houses I wanted. We'll see. I've been thinking of doing a tea shop if I get it.

Thank you everyone! I (we) picked up my Brookwood today. The seller was really nice and gave plenty of advice to me as a first time buyer. He was very excited to have a local pickup since he didn't know how he was going to send the kit. It was the first dollhouse kit he sold. It was from an estate and he runs a business selling stuff on ebay for people.

Well, my first ebay experince was very positive. Still weary about it, but at least this one was positive.

I'm thinking of trying something with stone work on it since I never have before. We'll see. First I need to work on my San Franciscan and get to the decorating stage. I think the decorating stage will take awhile on it since I'm going to try to make a lot of the things for it. I'm currently printing one of the cross stitch patterns Peggy emailed me for a rug. That alone will take me awhile.

I almost hate to tell you this, but it was too coincidental. I was doing my usual search for "dollhouses" on craigslist and saw a brookwood that was just listed yesterday for $35 (in Sacramento, CA). If this wasn't Xmas time and I haven't done my shopping yet I might just get it for myself, but maybe someone here who wants one can check it out and contact the seller.

Congrats on your new purchase and positive ebay experience!

Carolyn

I almost hate to tell you this, but it was too coincidental. I was doing my usual search for "dollhouses" on craigslist and saw a brookwood that was just listed yesterday for $35 (in Sacramento, CA). If this wasn't Xmas time and I haven't done my shopping yet I might just get it for myself, but maybe someone here who wants one can check it out and contact the seller.

Congrats on your new purchase and positive ebay experience!

Carolyn

Another place I have never made a purchase or looked at, Craig's List. Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.