Brookwood on ebay

CJEP

Ok, I found a Brookwood on ebay and I really want a Brookwood. I have never bought anything on ebay so I don't totally know what I'm doing. Anyway, I am wondering what people think is a good price for the Brookwood kit?

Here is the link to the ebay listing: Brookwood

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carrie

Edit: I should add I can do a local pick up for $3 so I don't have to pay the shipping.

Edit: I should add I can do a local pick up for $3 so I don't have to pay the shipping.

Ok so the only complaint i was going to have was the shipping costs, but you just made that go away! go for it! if you can pick it up its a done deal in my eyes! I love that kit and have always wanted one my self! i think the price its at now is definitley a good deal. Heck I'd pay 100 for it! best of luck to you!! i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

-Jenny

Ok so the only complaint i was going to have was the shipping costs, but you just made that go away! go for it! if you can pick it up its a done deal in my eyes! I love that kit and have always wanted one my self! i think the price its at now is definitley a good deal. Heck I'd pay 100 for it! best of luck to you!! i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

-Jenny

Ok, I'm the current high bidder at $71. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!!

I have seen that one go for over $100. It is too contemorary for me but I know there are people who like more contemporary houses.

I actually liked it because it was more contemporary and a little different from the other houses I have seen.

Thank you both for your advice. I just wasn't sure how much is too much for the kit. We'll see if I make my first ebay purchase or not tomorrow I guess.

Hi Carrie ... good luck with your first eBay venture!

A rule of thumb I use when deciding how much to bid is how much I'd pay for it on the spot if I saw it at a flea market. Even if you know what the selling price is/was, how much you want it will affect how much you're willing to pay for it. The higher the gotta-have-it factor is, the more you'll bid. :wave:

I paid I think 60 bucks for mine. But the shipping was like 20. This is your first time on ebay? Here's advice, don't bid anymore. Bid last minute. If you keep bidding now all you're doing is jacking up the price. it's good news for the seller when there's a bidding war going on with an item that hasn't nearly ended yet. So bid last minute. I always do. 98 percent of the time I win. Good luck!

Here is my Brookwood/ebay update. I am the current high bidder but have reached my maximum bid for the kit and I will not be home when the auction is over so I won't have any weak moments at the end if I get outbid. I have a feeling I won't get it, which is ok. There will be another one. At least that is my attitude (and what Tracy told me).