Window question- Linfield

J_Sea

It might help to control the acetate sheet if you first tape it down over your cutting mat with masking or painter's tape.  The window inserts are usually perforated, so you would only be cutting the itty bits that hold them in place, no?  A cork-backed steel ruler/ straight edge is the best kind to use with your cutter, since the cork backing keep the ruler from slipping around whilst you're cutting.

• Like 1

Thank you!!! This is an older duracraft kit and the window sheet doesn’t seem to be perforated. I’ll definitely tape before cutting. Another question for you, holder of dollhouse wisdom 😉- have you ever done the clear nail polish trick to get frosted acetate kit windows? I think I’m going to try that with some acrylic paints to get a stained glass effect too. Thanks for you help as always!!! ❤️

I have successfully "frosted" acetate with nail polish remover; clear nail polish is lovely for the "bull's eye effect or for making the windows look hand made.  For "stained glass" I prefer transparent water colors thinned with gum arabic.

I would lay your window frames over top of the windows on the acetate sheet to see how much, if any.margin for gluing them in you have.  I like Elmer's all-purpose white glue for gluing the clear acetate bits because it dries clear.

Edited by havanaholly