New With many questions

KLS429

Hello All,

My name is Karen and I live in Washington State. I received my first dollhouse Christmas of 1983. It was a Dura-Craft TD200 Tudor. My grandparents had “Santa” bring it to me. My grandpa started to help me build it, but for reason I am not aware of it was put in a box never to be completed. Recently my sister was cleaning out my grandpas shop and dropped a box which happened to contain the the dollhouse that was partially put together. It is now broken. I am extremely upset about. I have tried to find another one either put together or in a box, but have not been successful. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find this Tudor dollhouse? If not what suggestions would you all have on what dollhouse should be my first build? I look forward to hearing from you. 

Welcome tothe little family, Karen.  Dura-Craft is no longer in business, but the kits do show up from time to time on Ebay.  I suggest you look at the kits that are out there and build the one that calls your name.

Holly is correct. To Find Dura-craft Kits, check eBay, etsy, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, Mercari, and Craigslist. On eBay, you can find the instructions from time to time if the house is repairable. Most damaged house are repairable.  I fixed a Garfied that was completely crushed through the roof/attic to the 2nd floor. All fixable. The Garfield is in my galleries and I bet you can't see the damage.

Matt

5 hours ago, KLS429 said:

Hello All,

My name is Karen and I live in Washington State. I received my first dollhouse Christmas of 1983. It was a Dura-Craft TD200 Tudor. My grandparents had “Santa” bring it to me. My grandpa started to help me build it, but for reason I am not aware of it was put in a box never to be completed. Recently my sister was cleaning out my grandpas shop and dropped a box which happened to contain the the dollhouse that was partially put together. It is now broken. I am extremely upset about. I have tried to find another one either put together or in a box, but have not been successful. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find this Tudor dollhouse? If not what suggestions would you all have on what dollhouse should be my first build? I look forward to hearing from you. 

Hi Karen,

I'm Jodi and also live in Washington. Is this the kit you had?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274682902040?hash=item3ff4607618:g:U5gAAOSws~hgKGR2&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsInPkQdRve5oUgeJtEJZi44LUT85W%2FjwFdxAxTIrUXgGiRS2eId3uPXUPjAAGHXT76xF0lA3kfFn2gdphS2ayPFpjIk1CB5Qviluhpr8XyZIdW2hiW8IlLFq9siwf4coDr%2F%2F1qCfsZkduiVe3GoZgyh%2FkjzrDup4DspKl7f9YgOqxIKkw0sBgDq%2BFmMZPwRNOFiTEPqybD02yoHE1v77Qim7yOKwc5to1GjSlQMg%2Fjy5|tkp%3ABk9SR9iX-drbYA

I assembled/finished a DuraCraft Columbian a few years back and found it to be a great kit. It was an older one, but was still in good shape. It you are new to dollhouses, you will likely find it easier to start with a fresh kit rather than try to figure out how to make the repairs.

Best of luck, and have fun!

Jodi

Thank you all. I am new to dollhouses. I cannot wait to start putting one together as it gets cold during the winters in Eastern Washington. Holly I will take another look at the Greenleaf Glencroft. Thank you all so much for your help. I look forward to getting to know you all.

When I saw the box photo on the TD200 kit it reminded me of the Glencroft, which has four nice size rooms, a really cool stair and two fireplaces.  Mine didn't want to be Miss Jane Marples' cottage, like I wanted, but Susanna's Glencroft is much prettier than mine would have been; mine wanted to become a country pub, and is precisely that.