Aleene's Tack It Over & Over experiment results

grazhina

6 months ago I tried an experiment of using Aleene's Tack It Over And Over to keep the fiddly bits stuck in place on this hutch. Well, today I opened the room box, picked up the hutch, and removed, then replaced one of the glass bottles. Everything still good!! A successful experiment! Tack it over & over was originally meant for tacking appliques and trims in place before sewing them down. People have been using the stuff for other things too. I originally bought it to make post it notes from the scraps of paper I'm always scrawling on in my workroom. 

Aleene's tack it over and over - Copy.JPG

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, fov said:

Thanks for the info @grazhina! I wonder if it leaves residue on paper? I hate sticking things to walls since wax and putty leave residue that mucks up the wallpaper.

I don't know how much weight it'll hold. Someone had asked me about using it for pictures and mirrors. My pictures have always been done on 1/16" basswood with lightweight frames made of dollhouse trim, so I think it'll hold something like that ok. Since I rarely use wallpaper, I can't say if it'll leave residue on it.