question about beacon hill siding

ilovecats

Hi guys, i have never used the birch siding on a house before. I am VERY worried about warping, so i'm thinking i'll have to quick grip all of the siding to the house before painting. What has worked for you all? I think that if i paint each strip before applying i'm (1) doubling my work (2) I'd have to paint both sides of each strip. I'm just really concerned about warping. Any suggestions would be appreciated :whistle: thanks, marg

Marg, the Westville was the first house I ever sided and I used the thin siding strips that came with it. They curled when I glued them on and uncurled when they were dry. They curled again when I painted them and they flatted out again when dry. I no longer let the curling bother me.

Marg, I painted all the pieces of mine first and made sure the edges were done. I then glued them on and had no troubles at all. For the BH I used white glue and did a few rows, clamped them down with a piece of wood overtop, let them dry and then continued on with a few more rows. It actually didn't take very long at all. But I did make sure all of my trim was in place before attempting to put them on, that way, I knew they all fit snugly.

The first time I sided my BH, I used Aileen's and it curled on me. When I started another side I decided to use quick grip and it didn't curl up so much. I used push pins to secure it down as it dried. My big mistake was not priming it. There's one side of my house that's messy because I didn't prime it. What happened was, the siding got a little "hairy". So now I prime. After priming, I have to sand it to get it smooth again. Hope this helps!

Marg, the Westville was the first house I ever sided and I used the thin siding strips that came with it. They curled when I glued them on and uncurled when they were dry. They curled again when I painted them and they flatted out again when dry. I no longer let the curling bother me.

Ditto... same while i was siding my willowcrest. and i think they came out beauitfully.. although i had a very hard time punching out the strips without them splitting.. so next time i might paint some on them before i punch them out..