Hi from Belgium!

hubfd

Hello

I recently discovered greenleaf and i'm in love with the beacon hill dollhouse. I'm really thinking about buying it. It would be my first dollhouse project and I am super excited! I live in Belgium en it's just the shipping costs that hold me back... Especially if something would go wrong throughout the shipping, because it's quite a long way from America to Belgium.  
Are there people here from Europe? Did everthing go well? What are you're experiences? I already looked everywhere to find the beacon hill with lower shipping costs, but it's impossible to find. Looking forward to here from you! 

Kind regards! 

We have members from the UK, France, Spain, Sweden and Finland, first thing off the top of my head, and hopefully one or more of them will be online shortly to answer your question about shipping.

Hello !

I'm from France, so we're basically neighbors :p

However I won't be much help yet ; my Greenleaf house was found on the second hand market locally (Leboncoin). It may be worth a shot to look at ebay.be or whatever equivalent you have here !

I'm planning on buying an Orchid at some point if I can't find one around ; so I'll be interested in hearing about your (and others) experience !

I ship occasionally to Europe, but nothing as big as a Beacon Hill. Still, there have been few problems, other than the German mail does weird things. With COVID, the mail is still sporadic - sometimes fast, sometimes slow - but always gets through. I hope you get your Beacon Hill one way or another!

11 hours ago, _Roxy_ said:

Hello !

I'm from France, so we're basically neighbors :p

However I won't be much help yet ; my Greenleaf house was found on the second hand market locally (Leboncoin). It may be worth a shot to look at ebay.be or whatever equivalent you have here !

I'm planning on buying an Orchid at some point if I can't find one around ; so I'll be interested in hearing about your (and others) experience !

Oh you are so lucky to find one at the second hand market! Which one did you get? 

10 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

I ship occasionally to Europe, but nothing as big as a Beacon Hill. Still, there have been few problems, other than the German mail does weird things. With COVID, the mail is still sporadic - sometimes fast, sometimes slow - but always gets through. I hope you get your Beacon Hill one way or another!

You mean you had problems with delays? Or are there also other problems like a lost or damaged package? If it are only delays I'm ok with that, as long as I receive it eventually :)

8 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

They’ve been delayed/temporarily lost but did eventually arrive. No parcels lost completely, and none damaged.

Thank you for your respond! I guess I just have to take a chance... I want it so much 😁

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 8:42 AM, hubfd said:

Oh you are so lucky to find one at the second hand market! Which one did you get? 

Yep I was pretty lucky ! I got a lasercut Brimbles and a 1/2 scale Fairfield from the same seller. And last week I found a tiny 1/48 scale Brimbles and Station !

I've seen a few others on sale, Arthur or Laurel maybe, but already half-built so shipping would have been more complicated. 

11 minutes ago, _Roxy_ said:

Yep I was pretty lucky ! I got a lasercut Brimbles and a 1/2 scale Fairfield from the same seller. And last week I found a tiny 1/48 scale Brimbles and Station !

I've seen a few others on sale, Arthur or Laurel maybe, but already half-built so shipping would have been more complicated. 

You were very lucky indeed! The fairfield is a nice one too! Did you already build this one? 

I suppose it's not easy to ship indeed, althought the laurel is a cute house :)

Here is an update. Greenleaf does not ship to Europe anymore during the covid period... But I have found a beacon hill on the second hand market. It is already build, so I will do a complete renovation. So happy to finally have my house, can't wait to start 😄

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 11:15 PM, chatoiement said:

Ah, I still need to get it out of the box! 😅 I've been procrastinating.

But I'll post pictures as soon as a begin! Do you have any plans for your yet?

Oh hahaha 😅 I'm looking forward to see the building processe, since mine is second hand ! 

I have a lot of plans already :D First I want to see if I can replace the stairs, I don't really like the staircase. I also want to add a lot of detail on the outside. However I have no idea which color I will paint... Can't decide 😅. For the inside I like a very classical interior, with a lot of mouldings, trims, ornaments... So it will be a big project...

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 4:20 AM, hubfd said:

Oh hahaha 😅 I'm looking forward to see the building processe, since mine is second hand ! 

I have a lot of plans already :D First I want to see if I can replace the stairs, I don't really like the staircase. I also want to add a lot of detail on the outside. However I have no idea which color I will paint... Can't decide 😅. For the inside I like a very classical interior, with a lot of mouldings, trims, ornaments... So it will be a big project...

I'll be sure to post pictures of the process for you then! 😊 Then you won't miss out on it entirely.

I'm excited for your new staircase! All the little trims will be beautiful. I think classical dollhouses are adorable. Of course I really do like all dollhouses hahaha.

I do know that I plan on making (or creating the illusion) of a copper roof. I haven't allowed myself to go shopping for furnishings yet... I think I'd go a bit too crazy!!

On 6/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, chatoiement said:

I'll be sure to post pictures of the process for you then! 😊 Then you won't miss out on it entirely.

I'm excited for your new staircase! All the little trims will be beautiful. I think classical dollhouses are adorable. Of course I really do like all dollhouses hahaha.

I do know that I plan on making (or creating the illusion) of a copper roof. I haven't allowed myself to go shopping for furnishings yet... I think I'd go a bit too crazy!!

Oh I bought copper gilding wax for my roof too! I was also thinking about doing an aged copper look 😂. Haha I have never seen a Beacon hill with a copper roof, so it will be an experiment. Have you ever seen one? Will you do shiny copper or old (green)? 

• Like 1

I tried to do a copper roof for my Beacon Hill. I am not happy with the way it turned out and am seriously thinking about sanding it down and painting it black to match the shingled parts of the roof. I blogged the process -- click here. I hope you have better luck finding a good method.

• Like 1