Hi Sarah, Welcome!

I know exactly what you mean. The diningroom is full of dollhouses and I've resorted to working now in my kitchen with no where to put my latest house. My husband and I are now eating around this dollhouse at the kitchen table. Going to have to do something, maybe build another room on the real house.

Wendy

Welcome Sarah :huh:

Do you have your own home? My husband and I are building a room in the basement to display my houses.

Glad you joined this forum -- we are a wonderful group :p and are happy to meet you.

:lol:

;) Welcome, Sarah! The houses do start to take up a lot of room. :p Somebody really needs to get on that whole shrink ray gun thing! Why hasn't that been invented yet?!? :huh: In the meantime, I am considering making my next house a halfscale so I can just make a cute little shelf for it.

The Arthur was the last house I've built and I loved it! There are a whole bunch of Blogs about building the Arthur that show several different variations of it. I used those blogs a LOT! :lol: I built a Primrose two Christmases ago for my daughter and had a blast with that simple little house. I built it with the roof off-center so that I could add a Laurel to it the next Christmas. I keep the whole thing in the livingroom instead of her bedroom because I like to watch her play with it. It's far more interesting than TV. B)

WELCOME!!

you will love the Arthur..it is a great build.

as for filling up the house with houses...I guess if thats a real problem you could always go to other scales!

so far I have managed to find places to park my houses but Im sure it wont be long before I start looking into taking over another room that a kid has left behind.

we love photos here so if you have some eyecandy we would love to see it!

you have found a great place to share and learn.

again Welcome!!

nutti :p

Welcome to the forum Sarah!!

Yeah it is a Great addiction to build houses. No one told me about the addiction part. As a matter of fact, I just found pictures of my first home. These were taken right before an open house because we were selling our place because I was pregnant with my 2nd child and we needed more space (so I could display my houses right LOL).

Can you find the two dollhouses that would NOT fit into my storage unit downstairs?? One is a Tiffany by Greenleaf and one is a Newburge by duracraft.

It was funny to see this. I remember hiding the other 4 houses I had by putting them in the storage unit downstairs (No pictures of those) and they were BIG houses. Those were the farmehouse 505, the heritage both by Duracraft and the Newbury by Real good toys and the Tennyson by greenleaf.

Yeap, six built houses and then I was trying to make the place look presentable (the houses made the place look small cause they were every where LOL. It took a while to clean up ad I remember being so tierd after I took these shots of my hard work of cleaning up :p .

You can see the pictures by clicking on my webshots album by clicking:

http://community.webshots.com/album/328239399OgVqUo

Hi Sarah! and welcome.

I've only used this site for a couple of weeks and have learned so much. Everyone here is great, willing to share, and very encouraging.

I share your problem of lack of display space...complicated by 3 Siamese cats who seem to think the houses are for them...not to mention all the minis that make great cat toys!

Carol

Space, ummm, I am in the process of trying :p to talk my dh into building or buying me a cabinet that will be wide enough to hold the following houses, long enough to fit against one wall, and high enough to have storage spaces built in, just to display the Lily, my on-going attempt at building my first, the Cambridge, already built but needing some remodeling, the Creekside Cabin, which is waiting to be put together, and the Buttercup, which I won on this site.

:huh:

Peggi

See there, they(the house number) keep GROWING & GROWING & GROWING LOL. Wait to you get hooked on just buying a kit because it is different or because it is no longer made. Peggi, I love that cabinet idea. Now, let us know if DH really builds it :p:huh:

Now listen here, y'all. Don't get me started on the growing number of houses, LOL! I'm still trying to figure out where all mine are going. I think I might have to give up a few things, like the youngest child, the dining room, the living room, etc. Who needs all that furniture anyway?

Tracy, I looked at your albums and all your houses are amazing! I love what you did with your "own" house to! Lovely decorating!

By the way, I'm getting anxious for the Chicago mini show! Only 24 days to go! :p

I still live with my parents so I try to fit all my houses in my tiny bedroom but I'm sure in time I will be taking up the rest of the house. How do you post pictures here? Do you have to have your own website link? I'm not as professional as you all seem to be. I'm amazed at what you all have done with your houses. I'm still a little affraid to attempt wallpapering so I'm looking for tips. Should I wallpaper before or after I put the dollhouse together?

Unless the wall will be in an inaccessible area after the house is built, I find it better to wallpaper after the house is built. This way, if the house does not fit together "perfectly" (I know "how can that be" :p ) the wallpaper can be cut to fit over any problem areas.

Also, sometimes as I am building a house, I don't know the wallpaper i want to use -- and even if I do -- I sometimes change my mind :huh:

:lol:

there is a gallery on site to post photos in but Im not sure if its done with its problem...so you will find that most of us use Webshots and you will find it very easy to use.

http://www.webshots.com/homepage.html

a small download and step by step instructions

have fun...cant wait to see your photos.

nutti :p

I have so many houses & projects going on for myself, it's frightening. Right now I have a buttercup, glencroft, arthur, primrose, in kits waiting and calling for me to say'put me together, put me together!' I currently have the bay window shop, my pet project & favorite, and the sugarplum in progress, progressing slowly. I have bought the lights & transformer so hubby said he would immediately install the lights in the bay so I could finish the assembly --and then DECORATE!

Houses are like potato chips Sara, one is never enough......... :blink: