Graphic designer turned tiny artist

Jscott

Hi! I have been lurking on here for a long time and realized I need to post to say hello! Everyone is so incredibly helpful here. I am a branding/web designer by day and recently became obsessed with miniatures. 

I randomly picked up one of those half scale DIY-house kits at the craft store and it started a rabbit hole down that lead to me wanting to build my own house for all the cute furniture! So, I decided to build the Fairfield. So far its actually NOT as bad as I thought it would be, but definitely true to what I have heard--splintery, rough wood and not quite right fitting. All has been fixable, so far. 

My plan is to make my house very modern, maximalist style, lots of colors and fun modern finishes. I made my own wallpaper patterns and I'm going to try to make my own furniture kits, in half scale! There is a glowforge at the library we can use for free so I thought I'd give it a shot (I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area) If anyone has a laser cutter and wants to give it a try, let me know and I will send you some files for free to test out, haha! It will be a bit of trial and error I think.

So far the pieces of my Fairfield are punched out, sanded, dry fit, taken apart, a few are primed...and now I'm just a little nervous to start gluing. I want to electrify it so I'm spending more time reading about how to do that. I think I will spend as much time researching things as I will making this house!!

• Like 2