another dollhouse!

ouchouch

I just won the Coventry Cottage on Ebay $25 and $18 for shipping. Not bad. I just can't believe I bought another house when I haven't even finished my first one. I have the Harrison, Brookwood, and Highland. Sighs. It's just I was looking through the blogs and I got inspired.

Also, I just want to mention that I always feel guilty when I win something on Ebay when it comes to mini's. I'd hate to bid against someone here.

Wait a second--you just started working on dollhouses like a little over a year ago, right? And now you have that many?? I am in sooooooooooo much trouble!! I am going straight down that road with you, I can tell! :lol:

haha yep! thats what happens! i started a little over a year ago and i have FOUR kits waiting in line very impatinetly :lol: to be built! LOL its the "mini bug" , highly contagous and no cure :lol: (darn)

Wait a second--you just started working on dollhouses like a little over a year ago, right? And now you have that many?? I am in sooooooooooo much trouble!! I am going straight down that road with you, I can tell! :lol:

It's a real fun road. Once you get started on it though there's no turning back. Lots of forks leading off to different dollhouses, but that's what makes it really interesting. Glad you've joined us.

-Susanne

So far my dh is good at keeping me under control. I'm allowed to have only one kit waiting and have to finish the other ones before starting it.

Eventually our dh's lose that control and build more shelves for us to store our dollhouses, kits and other miniature supplies.

Just last weekend, Ray came home with another set of shelves for my workroom. I immediately filled the new shelves. He just laughed and said "I figured you had more stuff under the beds or somewhere". :lol:

-Susanne

Well, I live alone, so there is no one to stop me! :lol:

BUT, my apartment is too small for anything more than the Beacon right now...I think....maybe... But if I see a Willowcrest anywhere, I'm all over it. I LOVE THAT HOUSE!!!

Greenleaf, sweet Greanleaf, bring that baby back! :lol:

highly contagous and no cure (darn)

Cure? Why on earth would anyone want a cure? Minis, unlike strong drink or skydiving without a parachute, isn't going to kill you.

Minis are like potato chips, pretzels or peanuts, or dark chocolate.

Once you start building a dollhouse, they only multiply if you buy a 2nd one. Once they are a couple, then there are many more to follow. having two dollhouses is like have 2 rabbits. Dollhouses are a furtile bunch and Mary, congratulations on the Coventry Cottage! I LOVE that house!

At the end of January it will be my one yr anniversary on here and also my start into dhs.

I started with one. I know have 4 and I have my eye on a few other kits...

Dont let me get started on House of Miniature kits and furniture and doo-dads and people...This addiction can go on and on and on!

At the end of January it will be my one yr anniversary on here and also my start into dhs.

I started with one. I know have 4 and I have my eye on a few other kits...

Dont let me get started on House of Miniature kits and furniture and doo-dads and people...This addiction can go on and on and on!

What's really cool (kewl?) is that the addiction ... uhhh, interest ... can go in so many different directions. It's perfect for somebody with a short attention span, like me! :)

:) Short attention span is me for sure. That is why I am always ready for the NEXT project!

Heidi, congratulations Dear! I did not know you were so new to minis too! The time goes by so fast. I still consider myself a newbie because there is ALWAYS something new to learn in this hobby!

Thanks Mary Bear! I had so much fun with that house and I get so many emails regarding it too. Most people can not believe that it is the Coventry Cottage and one person had emailed me and told me I made a typo because the Coventry has a porch :) . That's whats so fun about the hobby too. Taking a kit and bashing it so that at first glance, people can't see that it is the kit it started as :thumb:

I,too have four kits waiting to be built-the Primrose,theArthur,the Magnolia and the Vermont Farmhouse.I will start with the Arthur after seeing all the good tips on here.My procrastination is ending and it is full steam ahead!

I love the Coventry. I saw in an old Dollhouse magazine where somebody combined two of them and made them into a hacienda-type house. I've wanted to try this ever since!

I always worry that I might be bidding against somebody here too!

I plug along on the white orchid now and then. I just pulled the creekside cabin out and prepped all the pieces and tomorrow I will pull out the shadybrook cabin and do the same as I am going to kit bash these 2 together. Good thing it's christmas time, I need some pine trees for the woods for them.

I just pulled the creekside cabin out and prepped all the pieces and tomorrow I will pull out the shadybrook cabin and do the same as I am going to kit bash these 2 together.

I can't wait to see your progress as you build those!

I am already starting to drool over various kits, and get little ideas about what I would do with them. My first house doesn't even have a roof yet.

I have also run through various justifications in my mind about what to tell dh in the event I needed an excuse to buy a new kit. Maybe I'll tell him that since I am building one for our daughter, it is only fair to build one for our son. Then the dog might want one too.

Stacey